Posted on: February 16, 2020
Audit Managerjob details:
- location:Shelton, CT
- salary:$125,000 - $145,000 per year
- date posted:Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- experience:8 Years
- job type:Permanent
- industry:Finance and Insurance
- questions:203-929-7400.job descriptionAudit Managerjob
summary:A global technology company in the Shelton area has an
immediate need for an Audit Manager. Reporting to the Audit
Director, the Audit Manager will be responsible for planning,
staffing, and supervising all audit and advisory
activities.location: Shelton, Connecticutjob type: Permanentsalary:
$125,000 - 145,000 per yearwork hours: 9 to 6education: Bachelor's
degreeexperience: 8 Yearsresponsibilities:
- Assists Audit Director in developing the annual audit plan and
scheduling of audit assignments .
- Performs detailed risk assessments, determines records and
activities to audit and scope of audit testing.
- Partners with the business to assess risks, develop governance
models, and evaluate compliance impacts of employing new
- Monitors industry and regulatory (SEC, PCAOB, GDPR)
developments and develops recommendations for policy, process,
technology and internal control improvements.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive audit program for each
assignment (based on engagement risk) that encompasses the adequacy
of the systems of internal controls, reliability of financial
information, safeguarding of assets, compliance with established
policies and procedures, and adherence to state and federal
- Selectively reviews engagement documentation and ensures that
audit assignments are completed within established time budgets.
Reviews and approves work papers submitted by audit staff for
accuracy, completeness, and compliance to department
- Reviews and evaluates accounting and business processes
requiring a more thorough understanding of complex financial
- Manages preparation of audit reports at the completion of each
assignment. Makes recommendations where corrective action is needed
and provides an audit opinion.
- Assists the Director in ensuring that employees continue to
develop their auditing and accounting skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned or Audit
- BS in Accounting required, MBA preferred
- CPA required.
- Minimum 8-10 years related experience with public
- Big 4 experience is a plus
- High level of competency in GAAP, internal control principles
and IIA auditing standards.
- Strong understanding of business concepts, risks and risk
management, processes and operations in a technology environment is
- Experience with working with data analytics, and other emerging
technologies like robotic process automation and machine learning
is a strong plus.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, oral and written
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projectsCompensation
: $125-145K depending experience, bonus potentialskills: CPAEqual
Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic
Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other
legally protected group status.
Keywords: Randstad, New England , Audit Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Shelton, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!