Company: SHP Management Corp
Posted on: September 25, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY The Property Manager oversees all functions of
the property, including supervision of staff, handling tenant
communications, performing annual certifications, TRACS submission,
REAC inspection preparation and managing the A/R process. The
Property Manager is directly supervised by the Senior Property
Manager of their region. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Duties may include,
but are not limited to the following areas:
- Recommends and carries through the eviction process when
necessary and approved by the senior manager in conjunction with
the main office.
- Prepares property for annual compliance audits performed by
internal site staff, auditors, and state agencies
- Implements the SHP EIV policy and follows through with
completion of required monthly and quarterly reports as well as
resolution of any EIV discrepancies
- Collects and records rent and followup on delinquencies.
- Assists in drawing up specifications and putting bids out to
contractors on recommended work as needed and approved by main
- Submits monthly vouchers to HUD through TRACS and assists with
resolution of payment discrepancies.
- Conducts initial, interim and annual certifications to comply
- Conducts regular inspections of common areas and tenants'
- Conducts preparation for HUD REAC inspections; identify items
that require improvement.
- Responsible for all aspects of tenant certification, selection,
recertification and applications.
- Maintaining the Wait List according to HUD and SHP
- Preparation and completion of records and files and any other
reports required for the property by the main office and/or state
- Coordination of tenant moveins and moveouts in a timely
- Performs annual unit inspections or more frequent inspections
as required, and assists state agency or any other 3rd party with
- Handles tenant complaints and following up in a timely
- Holds tenant meetings when necessary for informational,
educational or any other pertinent purpose.
- Assists main office with the preparation of the annual
- Coordinates with maintenance supervisor the purchase of
supplies and/or other approved items.
- Responsible for all clerical duties associated with this
position and oversight of clerical staff.
- Oversees the well being of the property. MANAGEMENT DUTIES
- Hire new staff for administrative and maintenance positions
- Supervision of contract maintenance on site.
- Train and support staff.
- Prepare all performance reviews including salary increase
- Prepare Performance Improvement Plans, Discipline and
Terminations. QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Three to five years Project-based Section 8 or tax credit
- COS, AHM, or ARM designation desired.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office; Real Page, YARDI
or other property management software required
- The Candidate must be able to work effectively as a member of a
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her
- Trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to utilize available time to organize and complete work
within given deadlines
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work
PHYSICAL ABILITIES Lift/Carry, Push/Pull Stand 12 lbs. or less (F)
Walk 11-20 lbs. (F) Sit 21-50 lbs. (O) 26-40 lbs. (O)
Handling/Fingering 51-100 lbs. (F) over 40 lbs. (N) Reach
Outward/Above Shoulder (F) over 100 lbs.(N) Climb (N/A) Crawl (O)
up to 33% of time Squat/Kneel (F) up to 66% of time Bend (C) more
than 66% of time
Keywords: SHP Management Corp, New England , Property Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Groton, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!