Banking, Financial Services Account Manager - NY Metro preferred
Company: Information Services Group, Inc.
Posted on: February 15, 2019
General Responsibilities - Overview: The Key Account Manager is responsible for managing and growing sales and relationships with a specified set of existing ISG accounts. Specific Responsibilities: Building on the general elements described above, a Banking & Financial Services (BFS) Key Account Manager will have the following four areas of responsibility;
- Sales / Revenue Generation (expected 85% of time/effort) Responsibility to generate sales resulting in annual revenues of $3m or greater annually and maintaining target gross margins from the allocated set of accounts. It is expected that the Key Account Manager will generate this revenue through strong relationship management and the keen ability to identify additional opportunities for the full set of ISG solutions.
- Oversight / Delivery (expected 15% of time/effort) Responsibility to support or provide oversight for certain projects (or elements of projects) within the allocated set of accounts as appropriate, based on skills and capabilities.
- Leadership (expected as part of day to day activities) Responsibility to contribute to the growth of the BFS Americas Practice not just in terms of sales / revenue (as above), but also in terms of contributing to the strategy, focus, and vision of the practice, while also mentoring colleagues and fulfilling requisite internal management activities.
- Thought Leadership (expected as part of day to day activities) Responsibility to enhance the brand, market presence and standing of the BFS Americas Practice through solution development (BFS-specific as appropriate), IP creation, attendance at industry events and other means as appropriate. Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements General Requirements:
- Strong relationship building, business development and sales experience including opportunity identification, lead qualification, proposal writing, sales calls and profitable revenue generation
- Significant recent experience in sourcing advisory, consulting with clients on projects including digital transformation and operational excellence (operational efficiencies, cost reduction, benchmarking, IT organizational design, automation) or large transformation projects.
- Deep knowledge of information technology, service delivery, outsourcing contracts, governance, business process outsourcing, operating models and service provider management.
- Familiarity with (and the ability to sell engagements pertaining to) modern software delivery structures and organizations (e.g. agile development, DevOps, SAFE, global delivery management)
- Familiarity with (and the ability to sell engagements pertaining to) digital technologies and complex subjects such as cloud computing, Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), automation, Platform strategies, and Workplace of the Future.
- Proven successful experience in account management of large enterprises, with a clear track record of revenue growth and cross selling.
- Significant consulting experience developing complex solutions with executive teams, and coaching and advising executives.
- Experience in simultaneously managing multiple responsibilities i.e. client delivery, business development and practice development
- Prior delivery management and leadership experience is a plus. This can include overseeing teams at all project phases, managing teams across multiple accounts, and a demonstrated exemplary track record in successful client relationship management.
- Experience of the latest market trends in relation to transformation topics including enhancing customer experience, driving income growth, cloud strategy, data optimization, automation strategy, platform strategy, shared services, operational improvement and outsourcing/offshoring.
- Superb presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with CXO level audiences on all subjects. BFS-Specific Requirements:
- Deep understanding of a typical BFS client organizations in terms of;
- Functional structure and typical operating model
- Go to market approach and business strategy
- Technology strategy and how BFS organizations are transforming to leverage emerging technologies such as Blockchain, cloud, IoT and (intelligent) automation
- Likely challenges and threats
- Approvals process and budget procedures
- General advisory requirements Education:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in a technical or scientific field
- MBA/MS or other advanced degree(s) desirable Location / Travel:
- NY Metro area preferred; other BFS-centric locations may be considered
- 75% travel required on a regular basis
- Limited international travel may be required Computer Literacy:
- Demonstrates working knowledge with MS-Office suite of software applications and tools, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, MS-Outlook.
- Expert user of spreadsheet tools and complex financial models
Keywords: Information Services Group, Inc., New England , Banking, Financial Services Account Manager - NY Metro preferred, Accounting, Auditing , Stamford, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!