Office Specialist I
Company: State of Maine
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Department of Administrative and Financial Services
Office of Marijuana Policy
Office Specialist I
LOCATION: Augusta, Maine
Job Class Code: 6546 Pay Grade: 16 - $16.20 - 22.43/hourly
OPEN FOR RECRUITMENT: Wednesday, November 03, 2021
CLOSES: Wednesday, November 17, 2021
This position will provide advanced office and administrative
support work performing complex, varied administrative support
tasks often requiring the operation of technical office equipment
and programs.This position will assist the Licensing Division
within the Office of Marijuana Policy. Responsibilities require
independent judgment, initiative, and discretion to make
determinations on varied matters, ensuring appropriate processes
are followed. Candidate will be required to assist individuals with
a variety of issues in a professional manner, so effective
communication skills will be necessary.
- Assure all registration identification card applications,
registration certificate applications, adult use applications,
transactions, and other information are entered in a timely and
accurate manner into ALMS.
- Ensure a high level of customer service in all interactions
with the public and others.
- Assist, when necessary, with the management and oversight of
all electronic data filing, including training and providing
guidance to project staff.
- Administer and/or process applicable licenses in accordance
with set procedures
- Collect, count, reconcile and/or deposit fees in accordance
with set procedures.
- Receive and greet visitors and determine customer needs.
- Complete all processing of applications and mailing to program
participants within the program expectations.
- Effectively answer questions regarding the MMMP and Adult Use
statute, rules and general program operations and know when to
consult with supervisor.
- Comply with the requirements of State policies, including those
concerning human resources components, security protocols of agency
information and confidentiality policies for State business
- Review input/output of information for ALMS (Agency License
Management System) and develop/implement quality control standards
for data input structures and output quality assurance.
- Train office associates/assistants
- Writes summary reports and trend analyses.
- Recommend operational improvements, implement new policies and
- Research, compile and analyze complex information to reach a
conclusion and/or make recommendations.
- Present routine factual information to individuals or
- Determine and requisition inventory supplies.
- Update and change all forms, letters, and applications as
Training, education, or experience in office and administrative
support work that demonstrates 1) competency in applying a
proficient knowledge of modern office practices to perform advanced
administrative support tasks requiring specialized skills, and 2)
the ability to use independent judgment, initiative, and discretion
to make determinations on varied matters. All positions in this
classification assume the qualifications of: Office Assistant I,
Office Assistant II, Office Associate I and Office Associate
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of the
Medical Marijuana Program.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the General Government Service Center at
to apply for this position.
You must submit a cover letter and resume' in order to be
considered for an interview.
The bi-weekly dollar values of some State-paid benefits for
full-time employees include: $14.60 for dental insurance; 13.16% of
employee's pay towards retirement; and, depending on the employee's
annual pay, at least 85% ($412.13) of health insurance premiums
(more information is available here). Participation in the Health
Premium Credit Program can decrease the employee's cost of health
insurance by 5%.
Maine State Government is an Equal Opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. We provide reasonable accommodations
to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Keywords: State of Maine, New England , Office Specialist I, Administration, Clerical , Augusta, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!