Company: Community Residences
Posted on: August 8, 2022
- Create a nurturing, positive learning environment and develop
strategies to help the clients cope effectively with social,
emotional and physical situations of daily living and facilitate
independent performance in these areas.
- Must be able to perform all job functions required. Must be
able to lift and transfer 70-75lbs. The work is active and
performed both inside and outside of the home.
- Must be able to utilize approved protective hold techniques in
order to keep you, clients, and co-workers safe.
- Implement Individual Plan of Care/Follow-Along Plan based in
the Interdisciplinary Team's identification of client needs; record
data on all identified teaching strategies, behavior plans, report
client's progress needs and any barriers that impede progress.
Responsible to maintain and document an awareness of individual
treatment plans, inclusive of use of leisure time, community
experiences, use of public transportation, safety skills, personal
hygiene and activities of daily living.
- Monitor medical, physical and behavioral changes in individuals
on a daily basis and report changes to the Supervisor, RN Program
Coordinator or Program Director as it occurs, is observed or
discovered; write up incident reports and submit to Program
Coordinator or Residential Program Manager within 24 hours.
- Once Medication Certified, administer medication to clients at
prescribed times; in accordance with agency policy and DDS
regulatory standards. Report all errors of medication
administration or documentation to the RN, Program Manager and
Program Coordinator immediately.
- Monitor and assist in making medical and other related
appointments as requested. Following medical appointments assist
and monitor follow through on all doctors' orders and
recommendations per RN direction.
- Participate in the planning, purchasing and preparation of
meals within available budgetary resources; ensure clients' dietary
plans are followed.
- Maintain the appearance, cleanliness and upkeep of the house,
properties and vehicle, insuring they are clean and safe. Report
all repair needs to the Program Manager and/or Program Coordinator
in a timely manner.
- Conduct self in a professional manner when interacting with
participants, supervisors, co-workers, families, medical profession
and members of the community.
- Participate in training opportunities (in-service training,
staff meetings, conferences, etc.), as required; maintain all
required training per agency policy and DDS regulatory
- Provide accurate accounting of agency's petty cash and client
funds in an informative, auditable condition at all times, as
required or requested by the Residential Program Manager.
- Assures individuals' right to privacy and adheres to CRI's
- Take individuals to a variety of community based outings
ensuring that all health and safety measures in the Individuals
support plan are followed while in the community. Utilizes the
agency vehicle following state laws and safety procedures.
- Familiarize oneself with CRI policies and procedures, ensuring
compliance with same.
- Assist in developing a positive neighborhood/community
relationship. OTHER REQUIREMENTS 1. Demonstrate organizational
ability, experience and ability to communicate effectively with
persons with developmental disabilities. 2. Demonstrate some
knowledge of educational and behavioral programs. 3. Demonstrate
willingness to learn about current issues in the field of
developmental disabilities. 4. Be able to communicate with people
at various ability levels. 5. Possess organizational abilities to
implement programs and services designed to enhance the
individual's learning process. 6. Possess self-motivation. 7. Be
interested in improving the quality of life for people; be
interested in household management; be interested in teaching. 8.
Display patience, encouraging attitude, optimism, energy,
communication skills, and a nurturing temperament. 9. Have the
ability to perform active work, both inside and outside of the
program. 10. Must possess a valid CT driver's license and have a
good driving record. Must have reliable transportation and may be
required to utilize personal vehicle to transport clients.
EDUCATION A high school diploma or GED and at least two years of
experience in the field of Human Services preferred. A Bachelor's
degree in a related Human Services area in addition to experience
is preferred.Wed-Thurs 11PM-9:45AM, Fri-Sat 11PM-7AM37.5hr
Keywords: Community Residences, New England , Residential Instructor, Education / Teaching , Thomaston, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!