Company: Community Residences
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to perform all job functions required. Must be
able to lift and transfer 70-75lbs. The work is active and
performed both inside and outside of the home.
- Must be able to utilize approved protective hold techniques in
order to keep you, clients, and co-workers safe; works with youth
who may potentially cause harm to you or others.
- Create a positive learning environment, develop strategies to
help clients cope effectively with stressful, social, emotional and
physical situations in daily living, and facilitate independent
performance and mastery in these areas.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and skills with clients in dealing with
reactions to past traumatic and emotional events and assist in the
therapeutic process by providing compassion, understanding, limit
setting and a stable living environment.
- Implement Treatment Plan (DCF) or Individual Plan of Care (DDS)
based on the Interdisciplinary Team's assessment of clients'
individual needs; record data on all identified teaching
strategies, behavior systems and plans, report clients' progress
needs, and any barriers that impede the process; responsible to
maintain and document an awareness of current Treatment Plan/
Individual Plan of Care for each client.
- Monitor medical, physical and behavioral changes in clients on
a daily basis; report any and all changes to Supervisor, Program
Manager, Clinician, and/or RN. Clearly document any issues in
clients' files and report to DCF/ DDS as required.
- When qualified as Medical Certified, administer medication to
clients at prescribed times in accordance with Medication
Administration Policy; document administration of medication
according to policy; report all errors of medication administration
or documentation according to policy.
- Follow written behavioral and dietary plans for each client and
assist in the preparation of meals, as well as the purchasing of
- Maintain the cleanliness of the home both inside and outside;
assist with all laundry care; maintain the cleanliness of agency
vehicle and report any maintenance needed for the vehicle or
property in a timely manner.
- Maintain CRI's client right to privacy and adhere to CRI's
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner when interacting with
supervisors, coworkers, consultants, clients and their families as
well as members of the community.
- Supervise family visitation as assigned by the Program Manager
(or Clinician when applicable).
- Participate in mandatory training including in-services, staff
meetings, conferences and other required trainings as
- Take clients to a variety of community based outings and
recreational activities with the use of any agency vehicle.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by Supervisor,
(Clinician when applicable), Program Manager or other management as
required. JOB REQUIREMENTS Must have valid CT driver's license and
a good driving record. EDUCATION/PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS 1.
Associate's Degree preferred with at least one year experience in
the Human Services field. 2. TRAINING: Requirements of the
Residential Instructor position are: A. Physical Management
Training (PMT);B. First Aid, CPR and Medication Certification. Must
obtain CPR and FA within 45 days of hire. Medication Administration
Certification must be obtained within 4 months of hire and all
staff are required to renew these certifications as needed.
- Must be able to attend all required training and in-servicing.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS 1. Possess good to excellent oral and written
communication skills. 2. Demonstrate thoroughness and effective
follow through on daily work assignments. 3. Display motivation and
interest in improving the quality of life for the population
served. 4. Demonstrate and maintain an optimistic attitude,
patience and compassion for and with the population served. 5.
Demonstrate appropriate boundaries with residents and coworkers
maintaining a professional demeanor while in the workplace.
Wed/Thurs 11p-9a, Fri/Sat 11p-7a36
Keywords: Community Residences, New England , Residential Instructor, Education / Teaching , Windsor, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!