Company: Community Residences
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionCome join our team at CRI as a Residential
- Must be able to perform all job functions required.
- Must be able to lift and transfer 70-75lbs.
- Must be able to utilize approved protective hold techniques in
order to keep you, clients, and co-workers safe
- Create a positive learning environment, develop strategies to
help clients cope effectively with stressful, social, emotional and
physical situations in daily living, and facilitate independent
performance and mastery in these areas.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and skills with clients in dealing with
reactions to past traumatic and emotional events and assist in the
therapeutic process by providing compassion, understanding, limit
setting and a stable living environment.
- Implement Treatment Plan (DCF) or Individual Plan of Care (DDS)
based on the Interdisciplinary Team's assessment of clients'
individual needs; record data on all identified teaching
strategies, behavior systems and plans, report clients' progress
needs, and any barriers that impede the process; responsible to
maintain and document an awareness of current Treatment Plan/
Individual Plan of Care for each client.
- Monitor medical, physical and behavioral changes in clients on
a daily basis; report any and all changes to Supervisor, Program
Manager, Clinician, and/or RN. Clearly document any issues in
clients' files and report to DCF/ DDS as required.
- When qualified as Medical Certified, administer medication to
clients at prescribed times in accordance with Medication
Administration Policy; document
- Administration of medication according to policy; report all
errors of medication administration or documentation according to
- Follow written behavioral and dietary plans for each client and
assist in the preparation of meals, as well as the purchasing of
- Maintain the cleanliness of the home both inside and outside;
assist with all laundry care; maintain the cleanliness of agency
vehicle and report any maintenance needed for the vehicle or
property in a timely manner.
- Maintain CRI's client right to privacy and adhere to CRI's
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner when interacting with
supervisors, coworkers, consultants, clients and their families as
well as members of the community.
- Supervise family visitation as assigned by the Program Manager
(or Clinician when applicable).
- Participate in mandatory training including in-services, staff
meetings, conferences and other required trainings as
- Take clients to a variety of community-based outings and
recreational activities with the use of any agency vehicle.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by Supervisor,
(Clinician when applicable), Program Manager or other management as
required. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a valid CT driver's license and a good driving
- Associate's Degree preferred with at least one-year experience
in the Human Services field.TRAINING: Requirements of the
Residential Instructor position are:
- Physical Management Training (PMT);
- First Aid, CPR and Medication Certification. Must obtain CPR
and FA within 45 days of hire. Medication Administration
Certification must be obtained within 4 months of hire and all
staff are required to renew these certifications as needed.
- Must be able to attend all required training and
- Possess good to excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrate thoroughness and effective follow through on daily
- Display motivation and interest in improving the quality of
life for the population served
- Demonstrate and maintain an optimistic attitude, patience and
compassion for and with the population served
- Demonstrate appropriate boundaries with residents and coworkers
maintaining a professional demeanor while in the workplace SCHEDULE
- Varying schedules are available
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Pay: $16.50 - $17.00 per hour Mon-Fri 6a-10a, Sat 7a-3p28
Keywords: Community Residences, New England , Residential Instructor, Education / Teaching , Manchester, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!