Senior Mechanical Engineer
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Mechanical Engineer will work directly as a member of our
multidisciplinary product development team, applying their
mechanical expertise to implement truly novel solutions to solve
customer challenges. They will work independently to creatively
develop pieces of the system alongside the other engineering
disciplines to ensure a cohesive system design. Responsibilities
will focus on launching new products into production and supporting
systems fielded at customer sites, as well as managing technical
progress at contract manufacturers and strategic supply partners.
- Works closely with all engineering competency teams to modify
existing designs, create new designs, and produce the documentation
necessary to assure their quality, repeatable manufacture.
- Participates in all phases of projects, including, but not
limited to: Requirements definition, prototyping, design,
integration & test, deployment, installation, and support as
- Internalizes the notion of ownership, displays the qualities of
a self-starter and proactive problem solver throughout a project
from conceptualization to customer acceptance.
- Hosts design reviews in formal and informal settings on project
and across projects to enhance the quality of system designs
seeking feedback across various engineering competencies as part of
each engineering process stage.
- Coordinates activities with customers, subcontractors,
suppliers, manufacturing, quality, and other support partners.
- Travel to suppliers and customers as necessary to support build
and installation of projects.
- Desire to get your hands dirty prototyping using hand tools and
common shop equipment. Skills and Technical Requirements:
- Experience with various volume production processes (prototype
to high quantity production).
- Proficiency with SolidWorks and PDM for detail design and data
- AutoCAD experience for interfacing with customers and
understanding high-level facility layouts.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback across
- Knowledge of ASME Y14 drafting standards and machine
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity or ability to learn JIRA, Confluence, and
- Demonstrated ability to work across projects to meet project
- Ability to interface with customers and sales and adapt to new
ideas and compromises.
- Previous experience with material handling system design,
motion control systems, sensors, actuators and robotic mechanisms.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Mass production experience of complex electromechanical
assemblies (DFM, DFA).
- Knowledge of FMEA, DFM/A, Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of molding and casting technologies for plastic and
- Tolerance analysis and a strong understanding of GD&T.
- Test stand development and validation testing.
- Programming (C++, Python).
- System or topology optimization. Educational Requirements: BS
in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred
Keywords: CTI Education Group, New England , Senior Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Bedford, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!