Sr. Mechanical Engineering Technologist
Company: KMC Systems, Inc.
Posted on: August 8, 2022
OverviewCompany DescriptionKMC Systems is a cutting-edge design
services Company focused on solving complex engineering problems
for medical OEMs and start-up companies using multidisciplinary
expertise, collaborative teams, and proven processes. We have
designed a broad range of medical devices and instruments ranging
from clinical chemistry and immunoassay analyzers to minimally
invasive biopsy systems and blood incubators. We currently have an
opening for a Mechanical Sustaining Technologist to join our
rapidly growing Engineering team. The successful applicant will
work within the mechanical engineering department contributing to
the design, development and sustainment of mechanical systems and
be part of a focused team supporting existing medical products.KMC
Systems is looking for a Sr. Mechanical Sustaining Technologist to
join our team in Merrimack, NH. The Mechanical Sustaining
Technologist will work closely with R&D, Service,
Manufacturing, and quality to coordinate platform enhancements,
implement cost reduction programs, drive corrective action in
response to field issues, respond to new regulatory requirements,
resolve manufacturing obsolescence and manufacturing quality issues
on existing medical devices.KMC Systems is a subsidiary of Elbit
Systems of America (ESA). Elbit Systems of America is a leading
provider of high performance products, system solutions, and
support services focusing on the defense, homeland security,
commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With
facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America
is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety
and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is
wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a
global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs
for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional
information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on
- Provide technical input/support for complex electromechanical
systems on existing and legacy medical devices.
- Troubleshoot customer application problems with their medical
- Debug, design, verify and implement engineering changes for
legacy medical devices.
- Design experiments and perform testing to collect verification
data for proposed design changes.
- Identify opportunities to improve costs, product quality and
- Update Parts, Drawings and Assemblies using CAD as
- Perform tolerance stack-up analysis and other light design
analysis as required to prove out designs and changes.
- Ensure component reliability based on technical evaluation of
vendor's designs and manufacturing processes.
- Perform other related duties as
- Education: Minimum of an Associate Degree in mechanical
engineering, mechanical engineering technology, or manufacturing
- 10 or more years of related experience in product development
and/or manufacturing environment, including technical report
writing, in a medical device or other highly regulated
- Experience in writing, verifying and processing Engineering
Change Orders (ECO's).Desired
- Working understanding of designing for multiple manufacturing
processes (machining, sheet metal, welding, casting, thermo
forming, injection molding, etc.)
- Practical working experience with Geometric Dimensioning &
Tolerancing (GD&T) and tolerance stack analysis.
- Ability to respond rapidly and flexibly to emerging issues in
production, quality, engineering, and supply chain.
- Strong communication and team work skills including: written,
verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills. Additional
InformationElbit Systems of America is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer M/F/V/DAll your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: KMC Systems, Inc., New England , Sr. Mechanical Engineering Technologist, Engineering , Merrimack, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!