Manufacturing Process Engineer
Company: MedTech Healthcare Consultants
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Manufacturing Process Engineer Job Description SummaryReports to
the Logistics Manager. Works closely with the sterilization team.
Responsible for the implementation of project and process support
activities toward attainment of departmental and plant goals.
Primary focus is implementation of process and efficiency
improvements in a high speed, high volume manufacturing
environment. Required to handle multiple assignments of varying
scope and complexity. Oversees department maintenance program.Job
- Ensures that all sterilization primary and auxiliary equipment
is safe to operate. Actively promotes and demonstrates a commitment
- Responsible for the design and implementation of machine
improvements and capital equipment project management activities.
Proficient in mechanical design and troubleshooting.
- Works with production personnel in the troubleshooting and
maintenance of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical equipment used
in the production process.
- Supports the plant manufacturing effort, with proven ability to
identify problems and pursue plans toward their resolution.
Specific focus will be in the areas of improving upon chronic
levels of quality, waste, and equipment efficiencies.
- Clear understanding of the role of Engineering in a
- Has knowledge of proper Engineering practices and vendor
- Responsible for coordinating activities between equipment
vendors and plant functional departments on their assignments.
- Ability to handle projects of a moderate scope requiring
coordination. Will be required to handle several assignments
(project and process duties) simultaneously.
- Prepares and submits capital appropriation requests and
controls expenditures on these projects as required.
- Has knowledge of established safety standards and operator use
- Completes or supervises the completion of necessary designs,
drawings, calculations and specifications on associated
- Establishes which elements comprising a job are suitable for
in-house fabrication or revision and which items would be best
contracted. Secure quotations and select contractors; direct the
contractor's efforts or the efforts of in-house forces to a
satisfactory scheduled completion of the necessary work. Supervise
and inspect all work in-process by contractors or plant forces;
provide guidance where necessary.
- Responsible for the recommendation of capital equipment or
process modifications, their physical installation, debugging and
associated training of production personnel.
- Required to have awareness of product performance and quality
requirements within the scope of their assignments.
- As required within the scope of their duty, responsible for all
associated documentation, including however not limited to the
following: validations, Operations Procedures, Preventive
Maintenance schedules, Engineering Change Notifications, spare
parts listing, etc.
- Required to develop a firm understanding of all equipment for
which they are responsible to include set-up, adjustment and
assessment of possible improvements.
- Responsible for realization of budgeted cost reductions and
- Accountable for spending (capital or expense) within approved
limits on programs.
- Directs the efforts of support personnel such as machinists and
technicians in the modification, adjustment, removal and
installation of new or existing equipment.
- Performs other duties as required by the Logistics
- BA/BS Degree Major: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years in similar environment of
automated, high speed equipment, preferably in the medical
- PLC programming and AutoCad Inventor experience a plus
- Familiarity and ability to learn electrical processes
Keywords: MedTech Healthcare Consultants, New England , Manufacturing Process Engineer, Engineering , Canaan, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!