Sr. Controls Engineer
Company: ATR International
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that
helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of
Life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely
information to better manage your health. We're empowering smarter
medical and economic decision making to help transform the way
people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more
than 10 million tests are run on diagnostics instruments, providing
lab results for millions of people.
Our location in Westbrook, Maine currently has an opportunity for a
Senior Controls Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for
supporting product development from concept through sustained
manufacturing of FDA regulated products. Completion of process
development, equipment acquisition and leadership of supporting
development partners. Experience with manufacturing processes,
quality/cost savings initiatives and implementation of engineering
principles while assuring compliance with cGMP, quality and safety
standards. WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Process development, equipment specification, acquisition and
- Evaluation of machine logic and controls to troubleshoot
equipment and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Integration of controls hardware and software into new and
existing manufacturing equipment.
- Design of experiments, validation, completion of testing and
analysis of data.
- Suggests and supports new methods or materials for continual
improvement of quality and efficiency.
- Analyzes current equipment for process suitability and provides
detailed plans for improvement
- Creates and revises manufacturing documents, specifications,
standard operating procedures (SOPs), safety instructions,
validation protocols, risk assessments, and procedures and other
technical documents to ensure compliant, efficient and safe
- Works with other engineers and technicians in developing
solutions and improvements in materials, equipment and process as
- Actively participates in teams as necessary to ensure continual
improvement, safety and compliance
- Lead cross functional project teams and coordinate
activities.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in engineering or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience in a manufacturing
- Experience working in a GMP, FDA, ISO and USDA regulated
- Must be able to work on problems of diverse scope where
analysis of the problem requires evaluation of obscure or unknown
- Must be able to use precision measuring equipment, hand and
- Must be able to meet deadlines while working on multiple
- Familiarity with cGMP and ISO 13485 regulations and practices
- Familiarity with a variety of material testing and measuring
- Previous experience with common manufacturing automation
technologies and architectures is required. This includes but is
not limited to:
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's) (Allen Bradley Logix5000
experience preferred)o Ability to read and troubleshoot existing
ladder logic.o Ability to generate new ladder logic for the
sequencing of complex manufacturing tasks.
- Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) (Allen-Bradley Factory Talk View
experience preferred)o Ability to modify and troubleshoot existing
user interfaces.o Ability to design and implement new user
- Motion Control to include Servo Drives, VFD's and Stepper
Drives.o Ability to troubleshoot and tune control loops.
- Robots (Staubli and/or Epson experience preferred)o Ability to
modify robot programs and taught positions.o Ability to sequence
new robot paths and functions.
- Vision Systems (Cognex and/or Keyence experience preferred)o
Ability to troubleshoot existing vision inspection applications.o
Ability to design new systems to include lens and lighting
selection.o Ability to create robust inspection logic for the
disposition of product.
- Electrical Aptitudeo Ability to read and trace machine control
systems from electrical printso Ability to troubleshoot common
machine control hardware (relays, fuses, breakers, etc.)o Ability
to generate and modify electrical prints to support controls
upgrade and integration.
Keywords: ATR International, New England , Sr. Controls Engineer, Engineering , Westbrook, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!