Company: ABB Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Application EngineerTake your next career step at ABB with a
global team that is energizing the transformation of society and
industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB,
we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across
all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and
generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and
every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and
celebrates individual differences.In this position, you will be
supporting Global product management, R&D, Marketing and Field
Sales groups and act as a liaison between customers and the ABB
team in the Electrification Smart Buildings division. You will lead
and contribute technical support and troubleshooting solutions for
residential products such as circuit breakers, load centers, meter
socket load centers, and overall residential product application
while choosing the best product offering for customer specific
solutions.This position reports toGlobal Product ManagerYour
- Take ownership of any technical or application issue with sales
or the customer until it is completely resolved.
- Coordination between sales and engineering and understanding of
basic concepts of testing and operating residential breakers is
- Proper documentation of any field issue along with resolution
is essential for this role.
- Use and carry oscilloscopes and other smaller testing
- Travel up to 25% across the country, as needed, to troubleshoot
- Participation in codes and standards reviews specifically for
National Electrical Code (NEC) and Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
and coordination with R&D team on any code changes that can
affect residential product lines, especially around breaker
- Build long lasting relationships with various functional groups
internally within ABB and externally with the customers (both
distributor and contactors).
- Frequent communication/coordination with the application
engineering team and sales districts to keep them up to date on any
new residential products and common issues or application questions
that come up.
- Study various advanced sources and proposes solutions for
development of new processes and tools to help better trouble shoot
and perform application support for residential products.
- Create documentation, visuals, videos etc. to help troubleshoot
- Work closely with the residential product marketing management
team and R&D to identify focus regions or specific applications
of breakers, lug sizes, wire bending space issues, knockout sizes,
- Work with customers at a strategic level and coach them on the
- Consult business and propose engineering solutions to meet
- Learn EUSERC and non-EUSERC metering standards and keep track
of changing requirements of codes and standards and identify white
- Propose products from existing residential portfolio as
alternatives to meet or exceed customer application
- Attending trade shows, representing ABB products and standards
- Your background
- Bachelor's Degree required (Engineering preferred).
- Minimum 5 years electrical industry experience.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time, across the country.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would
permit them to work for ABB in the US.Benefits
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing programMore about usABB Smart Buildings digitally
transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the
highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing
quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart and
sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.We
look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover
more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABBABB is an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace.All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,
citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or
protected veterans status. For more information regarding your
(EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following
an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a
particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762.Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a
disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable
or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a
result of your disability. You may request reasonable
accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes
and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Keywords: ABB Group, New England , Application Engineer, Engineering , Bloomfield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!