Company: Southern New Hampshire University
Posted on: January 28, 2023
We are one growing team with one powerful goal - and as a global
leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the
individual differences of our learning community. We believe that
our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true
selves. That is why we're committed to cultivating and preserving a
culture of inclusion in which all our employees feel welcomed,
valued and empowered. Together, we will shape the future of
education by transforming lives beginning with yours.Our Workforce
Is Expanding Beyond New Hampshire!We have remote work opportunities
available in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas,
Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas,
Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi,
Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota,
Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas,
Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.The
OpportunityThe DevOps Engineer is a remote friendly positions
(#LI-Remote) and collaborates with and across Agile teams to
design, test, and support technical solutions in full-stack
development technologies support of SNHU's our goals. You will
partner with both business and technology leaders to provide a
secure, scalable, flexible, agile, and modern technical approach
aimed at meeting the university's growing needs. We are looking for
skills in cloud application ecosystem working knowledge of software
development methodologies including code profiling, regression
testing, continuous integration, and push button deployments.
Experience with high-availability, high-performance, open-source
web technologies is needed as well as the ability to automate all
infrastructure build-out, enterprise and security.In this Role
You'll Get To:
- Partner with business and technology subject-matter experts to
elicit and translate our requirements into technology
- Integrate business and service strategy into enterprise
reference architecture for application integration and data
availability/systems of record.
- Design reference architecture for new app development.
- You will manage relationships with external vendors and
partners to architect technology solutions that meet our
- Implement, and automate security controls, governance
processes, and compliance validation programming languages like
Java, Python, SQL, Ruby and Go, Container Orchestration services
including Docker and Kubernetes, CM tools including Ansible and
Terraform, and a variety of Google tools and services.
- Partner with other university solution architects to provide
agreement-based scalable and adaptable architectural
- You will develop guidelines to ensure that a consistent
framework is applied across the development teams.
- Develop a software release strategy across the entire Symbiotic
system, with input from the business, project plans, development
and testing teams, and our customers.
- Manage risks and resolving issues related to the releases that
affects scope, schedule, and quality.
- Coordinate release content for designated releases.
- Communicate all important project plans, commitments, and
changes to the release vehicles, including requirements, QA plans,
schedules, and scope changes.
- Generate release notifications and release summaries.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.What we're Looking For:
- Six years of proven experience working in a DevOps role (or
similar) with domain expertise in automation, virtualization, and
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related discipline.Equivalent of
experience in lieu of degree acceptable: x Yes No
- Professional Certification(s): N/A
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines from scratch (e.g., GitHub
- You will need experience with Linux systems
administration/solving, servers, and cloud architecture and DevOps
technologies (i.e., Vagrant, Docker, GitHub, GKE, or IaC tools
- Knowledge of implementing Terraform, at Enterprise Scale.
- Experience with Enterprise Productivity Infrastructure (Slack,
Google Workspace) with an attitude of automation and self-service
in addition to experience with version control systems, such as
- Coding/scripting and debugging experience for building and
- Public cloud engineering on GCP, AWS, or Azure platforms. Cloud
provisioning, infrastructure, and migration at cloud scale with an
understanding of fundamental network technologies like DNS, Load
Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's degree
- Understand the use of native cloud technologies for user
management, security, costing, and tools.
- Broad in-depth understanding for onboarding applications into
IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings, deployment automation, DevOps,
scripting, containers, and cloud governance.
- Familiarity with Python language.Thinking about the job, but
not sure you should apply? We still want to hear from you.We
recognize that not everyone enters the world of work with the same
advantage, opportunity, and privilege. This is why your skills and
experiences are important to us. Take the leap and apply, you just
might be the person we are looking for!Are Benefits Important to
You?We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the
first day of employment:Anthem BlueCross affordable, low-deductible
Medical insurance available on day oneLow to no-cost Dental, Vision
and Life Insurance options5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts
accruing on day one & Paid HolidaysA Retirement Plan with a 9%
Employer Funded annual contributionTuition Benefits with family
offeringsWho Are We?SNHU employees are a team in every sense.
Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique
experiences, perspectives and ideas to create a vibrant work
environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance
and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal:
to transform the lives of learners. By joining our team, you join
us in our vision. Together, we'll shape the future of education by
transforming lives-beginning with yours.We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or
expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace.Remote work disclaimerPlease note that this
is a remote eligible position. At SNHU, we ask that our remote
employees have access to a reliable internet connection and a
dedicated, properly equipped workspace at a fixed location within
the United States (in one of the approved states as reflected
above) that is free of distractions and dependencies.Please note
that a background check is required for employment.
Keywords: Southern New Hampshire University, New England , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Hooksett, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!