Performance Engineer- Gremlin Hystrix
Company: Diverse Lynx
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Performance Engineer- Gremlin Hystrix
Must have knowledge & expertise Neoload /ALM, Hands on Scripting of
Neoload , Loadrunner , Hystrix, Gremlin, monitoring tools like
Dynatrace & splunk , Agile Methodology Experience, Healthcare
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Performance Engineer / Performance Consultant for a
centralized performance team you are expected to understand the
right performance & resiliency requirements, code, services and its
integration in the right context and take the right action to
improve overall performance, resiliency and fine tune the
application while minimizing the production issues.
Your job will be to take the multiple variables that can impact
application performance, resilience and suggest where to take
action and implement the same such that it will have the largest
impact. You will develop the strategy for how they can optimize
both their current performance, resilience and incorporate
performance, resilience into their culture. The Candidate must have
strong leadership, communication and technical skills as well as
the ability to work well in a team environment. The ability to
handle aggressive timelines is a must.
Looking for a Performance engineer, who has good amount of
experience in Performance testing, resiliency testing with the
below mentioned tools.
- Performance Testing tool: Scripting using Neoload, Client Load
runner and Client Performance Center
- Resiliency Testing tool: Gremlin, AWS FIS, Hystrix
- Specific Monitoring tool/APM : Splunk, Dynatrace, oracle
enterprise Management(OEM), CA APM , Jprofiler and database
- Specific Protocols : Http/HTML , web services (SOAP over HTTP,
REST), Ajax truClient, Citrix.
- Support the Production, non- production development and testing
- Provide synthetic data to testing teams.
- Design and implement highly available log & metrics
aggregation, alert management, infra and service health/dependency
- Configure monitoring/alerting/reporting for logs & metrics
using tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace, ...
- Make technical recommendations on monitoring
- Analyze logs and metrics to identify root-cause of application
anomalies and provide tuning recommendations
- Work closely with delivery and operations specialists to ensure
proper tuning and operation of systems/applications
- Work closely with application development teams during release
rollout to analyze agent performance impact and troubleshoot
- Design and develop robust performance test scripts in
Loadrunner and Neoload .
- Coordinate and assist with setting up and maintaining the
performance test environment with necessary access and test
- Execute the performance testing types including stress, load,
soak, spike, fail-over, configuration, and isolation as applicable.
Utilize/gain knowledge of Application Performance Management (APM)
tools like CA APM, Splunk etc to troubleshoot performance
- Design and execute the resiliency test for various hypothesis
conditions such as CPU, Memory, Network, Blackhole, D&R as
applicable. Utilize/gain knowledge of resiliency testing tools like
Gremlin, AWS FIS etc to uncover impact & recovery pattern.
- Coordinate with application owners, DBAs, middleware and other
IT teams to identify bottlenecks, suggest and run exploratory tests
and help them to tune the system.
- Perform browser level performance testing and analysis using
HTTP watch/Fiddler /UX tools/Webpage Test, etc .
- Hands-On Knowledge in Jenkins / Grafana / GitHub / Open Source
- Communicate performance, resiliency results to both technical
and non-technical audiences.
- Specifying Test Approach, Strategy, Scope, Architecture,
Environment, Roles and Responsibilities developing Performance &
Resiliency Test Plans and Performance & Resiliency test Scenarios
using requirements and design
- Developing scripts, designing load tests, monitoring, analyzing
results, performance bottlenecks
- Excellent communications skills - both written and
- Self-motivated, high energy and a team player, who would take
complete ownership of the project or module assigned.
- Ability to analyse, correlate large test results sets in order
to highlight differences in performance between various
configurations tested and projecting performance for possible
customer requested configurations.
- Ability to analysis the GC logs, thread dumps and connection
polls setting in application servers and database.
- Experience in problem-solving, and able to follow a methodical
- Experience in data driven analysis - Excellent at working with,
understanding, analyzing data Drive the creation of product and
sprint backlogs and manages their effective execution Works well in
fast-paced, changing environments.
- Ability to positively resolve conflicts and highly
- Responsible for leading product performance
- Identify performance issues and Perform in-depth analysis to
identify what is causing those issues, then isolate the problems
and work with the development teams to correct.
- Identify performance hotspots and opportunities for
- Work closely with Development Leads/Architects on
designing/implementing code optimizations.
- Provide technical consulting and mentoring to team members on
optimization techniques, new algorithm design, implementation and
conformance to architecture standards
- Develop performance & resiliency test automation, capture
results and put into easily readable format to show differences in
performance between various configurations.
- Work closely with the development and QA teams on potential
performance regressions to quickly identify and resolve problem
Key words to search in resume
Performance ENGINEER, Performance ARCHITECT, Performance EXPERT,
Performance LEAD, Performance Analyst, Performance Tester
Diverse Lynx LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive due consideration for employment
without any discrimination. All applicants will be evaluated solely
on the basis of their ability, competence and their proven
capability to perform the functions outlined in the corresponding
role. We promote and support a diverse workforce across all levels
in the company.
Keywords: Diverse Lynx, New England , Performance Engineer- Gremlin Hystrix, Engineering , Bloomfield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...