Associate Electrical Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Location: East Hartford
Posted on: February 15, 2019
AOA Xinetics (AOX), a Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) strategic business unit, is currently seeking an entry level Electrical Engineer at our East Hartford, CT location. Electrical Engineers at AOX are members of interdisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists on a variety of design, R&D, and development projects. As a junior resource on our hardware systems engineering design teams, candidates should have internships, academic projects, class work, or other experience electrical systems or PCB design concepts or methodologies. They should be able to demonstrate the ability to learn and grow as a team member supporting electronics design, integration, and documentation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with senior electrical engineers, software engineers, and other engineering disciplines in support of design and prototype of multi-layer PCBs, electromechanical products, and optical systems.
- Becoming part of team designing, developing, and testing electrical components, equipment, and systems.
- Becoming familiar with electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and other markets.
- Completing tasks according to schedule, budget, cost, and design objectives provided by senior engineers.
o BSEE and related course work, projects, internship(s), or co-op experience with:
- Multilayer SMT Printed Circuit Board design concepts.
- Analog & Digital Hardware Design.
- Microprocessors such as: ARM, CPLD, Xilinx FPGA, or MicroChip PIC.
- Design simulation.
- Motor/Motion control, low power applications.
- Communication protocols such as: UART, CAN, USB, I2C, or SPI.
- Embedded software C/C++ or VHDL
o Good verbal and written communication skills.
o Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
o Must have valid U.S. Drivers License.
o US Citizenship is a bona fide requirement as applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
o Hardware design experience.
o PCB design experience using Mentor Graphics tools.
o Familiarity in the use of oscilloscopes, function generators, DMM and JTAG development tools.
o Working knowledge of engineering/manufacturing materials.
o Possess a current TS clearance and/or SSBI.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. - provided by Dice Aerospace, Circuit, Development, Electrical Engineer, Embedded, Embedded Software, Graphics, Hardware, HTTP, Materials, Protocols, Security, Simulation, Testing, VHDL
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, New England , Associate Electrical Engineer, Engineering , East Hartford, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!