Director of Nurse Education
Company: Middlesex Community College
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Department: Academic Affairs - Nursing & Allied Health
Locations: Lowell, MA Posted: Feb 11, 2021 Closes: Mar 11, 2021 -
11:59 PM EST Type: Full-time Position--ID: 128233 Share About
Middlesex Community College:
Middlesex Community College (MCC) employs over 1,000 people in
full-time, part-time, faculty, professional administrative and
support positions at campuses in both Lowell and Bedford. MCC is a
dynamic institution, priding itself on the quality as well as the
diversity of its programs that foster student success. MCC strives
for a faculty and staff that reflect its richly diverse community
of students. Applications for employment are considered without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or
veteran status. Middlesex Community College is an affirmative
action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion,
age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual
orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX
of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other
applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits
sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or
complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or
sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative
Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission
Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities
Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office
for Civil Rights. Prospective employees are encouraged to review
the College's Annual Safety & Security Report, in compliance with
the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus
Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of
the College's website at:
Position:-- Director of Nurse Education Unit: Non-Unit Professional
Dept: Nursing Reports To: Dean of Nursing & Allied Health Date:
2/11/21 General Statement of Duties: The Director of Nurse
Education is responsible for serving as an administrative officer
for the department by establishing, maintaining, and monitoring
current and sound educational practices. The Director is
responsible to students, faculty, and college administration for
the safe and lawful operations of the Nursing program. This
includes management of the department budget, maintenance and
development of the Program and Advisory Board meetings, and
maintenance of program accreditations. This essential role
encompasses collaborating with faculty, support staff, and the Dean
of Nursing and Allied Health to ensure continuous program
improvement. The position requires an equity-minded, creative and
knowledgeable individual with a positive approach to provide
management for the Nursing program, and support the college's
strategic initiatives. The Director of Nurse Education is expected
to exhibit initiative, enthusiasm, and teamwork in accomplishing
the responsibilities of the position. The individual who serves in
this position must be committed to equity, diversity, excellence,
student engagement and success. This is a 12 month non-unit
professional position. SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Dean of
Nursing & Allied Health ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide academic leadership and administrative direction to the
- Serve as the Nurse Administrator/Administrator of Record in
accordance with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing
and accreditation requirements.
- Oversee planning, implementation, and evaluation of all aspects
of educational program, including curriculum development and the
nursing program systematic evaluation plan.
- Coordinate searches for full-time faculty and staff
- Orient, mentor and evaluate full and part time faculty in their
areas of responsibility according to the MCCC contract.
- Recruit, interview and hire part-time faculty.
- Prepare schedules and payroll for adjunct faculty for
submission to the Dean of Nursing and Allied Health.
- Plan and manage the budget to ensure the acquisition of
necessary equipment and supplies for classrooms, laboratories and
other instructional settings. Determine priorities for budgetary
expenditures based on department needs; monitor budget.
- Develop schedules for all classes offered in the Nursing
- Prepare reports as needed for regulatory agencies, the College,
and to support Nursing program initiatives and to assess the
effectiveness of initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all required state regulations and
- Promote and maintain responsive community relations, including
a Nursing Department Advisory Board that meets at least 2 times per
- Resolve student issues as they relate to the Nursing
- Develop and renew articulation agreements with area high
schools and four-year institutions as appropriate.
- Encourage and structure innovative professional development
- Provide leadership and direction to faculty in development of
initiatives and activities that promote positive program
- Provide guidance and leadership to faculty on the use of
alternative pedagogy to enhance student learning. This includes the
promotion of instructional applications of technology, web-based
enhancements, and e-learning.
- Develop and implement grants and support faculty in developing
and implementing grants.
- Work in collaboration with relevant areas of the college to
ensure that all students in the Nursing program receive appropriate
- Participate in relevant committees of the College. Collaborate
with the Dean of Nursing and Allied Health to:
- Develop, implement, and assess Nursing Department goals. Ensure
that goals align with the institution's mission and values and
support the college's strategic directions including student
- Provide leadership in grant activities for the Nursing
Department. Assist with data collection, analysis and
- Assess programmatic needs through the program review process
and oversee the assessment of institutional, departmental and
course student learning outcomes.
- Develop and improve departmental curriculum which includes the
development, revision, implementation and/or removal of
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and practices in the field
through peer association, attendance at seminars, study, and review
- Other duties as needed or assigned. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL
- Normal office environment, not subject to extreme variations of
temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- May use computer keyboards requiring eye-hand coordination and
- Involves travel to clinics and hospitals.
- Attends evening meetings outside of the college.
- More than half of time spent in normal office setting. The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job.
The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and duties required. The Massachusetts Board of
Higher Education - Middlesex Community College is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, The Massachusetts Board of Higher Education -
Middlesex Community College will provide reasonable accommodations
to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both
prospective and current employees to discuss potential
accommodations with the employer.
- Duties require knowledge of nursing and college administration
to completion of a Master's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related nursing experience, or its
equivalent combination of additional education and experience
within the last eight (8) years, with at least three (3) years of
experience in nursing education.
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse license in good
- Commitment to the mission and philosophy of the college with an
understanding and respect for the goals of college activities.
- Leadership, planning, management, and supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to recognize college-wide priorities and work
cooperatively and collaboratively to support their
- Financial management skills.
- Ability to market programs and ideas; to communicate
effectively both verbally and in writing; to establish positive
public relations, and to work collaboratively with people to set
and achieve common goals.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, including theory and
- Knowledge of nursing education and program assessment.
- Understanding of the need to incorporate technology into the
many aspects of the college.
- Experience with equity-minded work and working with individuals
of diverse identities such as socioeconomic level, sexual
orientation, race, ethnicity and veterans, including those with
different levels of academic preparation and varying physical and
learning abilities. Preferred:
- Understanding of and commitment to the role of the community
college in higher education.
- Knowledge of cultural competency skills framework. Location:
Lowell campus, with occasional travel to the Bedford campus and
off-site. During COVID restrictions , this position will primarily
be both remote, and in person at the Lowell and Bedford campus as
necessary. Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday
Application Deadline:--March 11, 2021 The College will not sponsor
applicants for work visas.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following
documents via the online application:
1. Cover Letter
Follow the steps below.
After completing all of the steps below, please go back into the
newly created account and double check that your resume and
Middlesex Community College understands that persons with
specific--disabilities may need assistance with the job
process and/or with the interview process. For confidential
assistance with the job application process, please contact the
Affirmative Action Officer at 781-280-3536 or
firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions follow the
link below to the Interview Exchange Frequently Asked Questions
Keywords: Middlesex Community College, New England , Director of Nurse Education, Executive , Bedford, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!