Director of Human Resources
Company: Covenant Living
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Covid-19 Update: We're working hard to protect our employees in
these uncertain times. Learn more Location Cromwell, Connecticut,
United States of America Category Human Resources Job Id
R0010307-2021 We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Lead the full life
cycle of Human Resources on the campus. Act as an employee champion
and change agent. Proactively assess and anticipate HR related
needs and communication needs and develop integrated solutions. Act
as a trusted partner to business leaders on all people matters.
Anticipates and assesses people priorities through the
business/people planning process, needs assessment, and action
planning in collaboration with business leaders. Navigate and
collaborate with the broader HR team to provide expertise-based
recommendations and value-add solutions. Maintain a high level of
business acumen through a strong understanding of business and HR
priorities (business strategy, financials, company direction,
- Lead the Human Resources function on campus.
- Understand local and national business strategy, along with the
associated needs and challenges, and provide innovative solutions
and recommendations to business leaders.
- Articulate clear business cases and return on investment for
- Blend local campus requirements with national strategic
- Operate and enable company strategy of service, growth, and
- Ensure strong performance of all HR specialty areas:
compensation and benefits practices, systems integrity, operational
performance, talent acquisition, and talent development.
- Engage in financial planning with business leaders, including
key partnership on budgeting and planning process.
- Understand and plan for the business implications of evolving
internal demands and external market conditions. Consult with
business leaders to develop and implement solutions.
- Help leaders translate strategic view to tactical
- Provides insights and advice and a compelling case, not just
data, to support decision making and lead change when
- Collaborate across broader network of HR experts to provide
well rounded advice and comprehensive solutions and/or
- Influence decisions by building strong stakeholder
relationships and partnerships.
- Participate and contribute in leadership, financial and
business planning meetings.Operational Excellence
- Ensure Human Resources function on campus operates efficiently,
through simplified process and self-service functionality for
- Enable employee and manager self service operations, through
training, education, and awareness.
- Proactively engage in workforce planning exercises by
understanding what is happening in the business. Anticipate needs,
study seasonal trends, and translate expected staffing needs
through intake process with manager into defined vacancies to be
filled. Seamlessly fill vacancies utilizing a variety of talent
acquisition techniques such as social media, school partnerships,
pipelining talent, employee referrals, internal talent
- Create campus accountability to standard Human Resources
process and order of operations, such as payroll, Workday
transactions, self-service, recruitment, etc.
- Continuously improve on standard metrics, such as turnover,
time to fill, cost of HR per employee, Workers Compensation claims
management, employee engagement score, unemployment claims
management, employee litigation, data integrity audits.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through strong record
keeping processes, including meeting requirements for annual
survey, complaint surveys, state inspections, mock surveys,
- Keep up with trends and new regulations such as state law,
minimum wage laws, federal laws, etc. Additionally, healthcare
related industry trends, such as Department of Health Services and
- Ensure data integrity and system integrity in HR Systems.
- Continuously improve and optimize process. Make recommendations
for improvement to Corporate Office.Talent and Organization
- Reduce employee relations issues by cultivating a positive work
environment, with excellent leaders, that enables an engaged
- Improve employee engagement, as evidenced by reduction in
employee relations issues / complaints and an increase in
- Improve quality and performance of workforce through targeted
actions, such as improved interviewing and selection processes,
high potential identification and development, positioning right
talent in right places at right times, building a culture of
- Utilize courses and tools from the Learning Management System
to close skills gaps.
- Coach and influence the business leaders to create career and
growth pathways for leaders and employees; foster a growth-oriented
- Utilize tools such as career ladders and Individual Development
Plans, to aid in development efforts.
- Facilitate vendor relationships to grow larger talent pools and
partnerships for pipelining talent in collaboration with Corporate
- Keep a tab on the pulse of the people by leveraging various
sources and drive effective programs that continue to improve
engagement and the people experience.
- Advise leaders on ways to reinforce and strengthen culture,
community and engagement.
- Partner with business leaders on issue identification, action
planning, and engagement initiatives.Change Ownership and
- Prepare and guide campus leaders and employees through
- Communicate and be a champion for change initiatives for the
campus and also raise up national level opportunities to Corporate
- Partner with campus leaders and employees to navigate through
change process, and ensure sustainability.
- Create message maps or utilize other communication tools and
strategy, to ensure strong communication with employees.Workforce
Planning and Management
- Understand business landscape and capacity (supply/demand) to
serve as an advisor in relation to labor utilization, staffing
levels, and headcount planning.
- Provide information and insights to relevant stakeholders
around managing effective staff utilization, ensuring the right
team structures and right distribution of skills to support
- Support team sizing, alignment and succession planning.
- Maintain an understanding of business pipeline through strong
connection with business leaders, larger HR team, and finance
- Provide recommendations on team structure and hiring needs
based on headcount imbalances or to enable other company priorities
(like, overtime and agency reduction).EDUCATION AND WORK
EXPERIENCE:Required Degree: BachelorsPreferred Degree: Masters or
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCPExperience:
- 8+ years' experience in Human Resources
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Process improvement experience
- Strong technical experience and depth in Human Resources,
including application of employment laws.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Excellent skill in both the hard and soft skills required in
Human Resources field.--
- Strong drive for results: self-starter with vision and the
ability to follow through with ideas.
- Computer proficiency. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite,
including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- In-depth communication skills: ability to articulate ideas
clearly and turn them into concise points with expected
- Ability to work effectively in a heavily matrixed
- Continuous improvement mindset with ability to identify needs
and implement change.
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to establish key relationships with
business leaders and develop strong credibility.
- Sound analytical acumen and ability to interpret business
metrics, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to proactively and continually collaborate with the
business and broader HR team.
- Experience in interfacing with international audiences and
- Strong project management and communication skills; ability to
effectively communicate and work across all levels of the
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with
highly sensitive data and information
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task while
working against tight timelines
- Attention to detail and commitment to get things done, and
getting them done wellPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The majority of time is spent in an office setting. The
position requires occasional handling of lightweight materials and
physical ability to use the telephone, computer and keyboard,
printer and other office equipment.For full time employees, we
offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org . Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Home--are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital
status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic
information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws,
regulations, or ordinances. Email this job to: Share this job
Get notified for similar jobs You'll receive updates once a week
Enter Email address Get tailored job recommendations based on your
interests. How would you rate your experience popup 5700 Old
Orchard Rd . Skokie, IL 60077-1036 Phone: 877-820-7522 Imagine a
career where you can truly make a difference, and where each day
you see that difference for yourself - whether it be in the smile
of a resident, in the improvement of a rehab patient, or in the
gratitude of a visiting family member. As a Covenant Living
employee, enjoy flexible shifts and development opportunities, a
caring community of team members, and security in knowing you're a
part of a stable, growing organization in a thriving industry. With
a welcoming culture, supportive benefits, and stability for the
future, Covenant Living is not only a home for our residents - it
is a home for our employees.
Keywords: Covenant Living, New England , Director of Human Resources, Executive , Cromwell, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!