Company: Hartford Aircraft Products Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Since 1974, Hartford Aircraft Products Inc. (HAPI) has been a world
class supplier of precision machined components, mission critical
fasteners and turn-key assemblies servicing primarily the Aerospace
We strive to embrace a very enjoyable working atmosphere and strive
to meet our customers requirements through best in class quality,
on-time delivery and an easy to work with professional
Our continuous improvement culture has allowed our family of
companies to leverage the latest machine tool technology
innovations to embrace sustained growth and remain financially
stable throughout the years.
Our goal is to scale and stream line our industry leading company
over the next several years, leveraging the core competencies of
our family companies and team to maintain our leading position in
the aerospace industry.
We are seeking a Production Manager looking to take the next step
and to own some success in growing our company with it's new
ownership team. This is a hands-on position that supports multiple
areas of the business.
This position will provide substantial room for growth and we will
very much rely on the awarded individual to work closely with the
Quality General Manager to help guide the companys near term
organization and aggressive growth plan over the next 5-10
The Production Manager role here at Hartford Aircraft Products Inc.
(HAPI) organizes and directs critical company workflow and
manufacturing operations, like a complete BOSS. This position works
closely with the Quality/General Manager and is primarily
responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the efficient
operations of the production facility in order to produce best in
class Aerospace and Commercial Components.
Duties range from supervising and reviewing the work performance
and efficiency of the shop personnel to the cleanliness of the
plant and its smooth operation. The right candidate will work very
well with different types of personalities and roles within the
plant and proactively plan for and quickly adjust company resources
to rapidly changing customer demands (i.e. shortened delivery
schedules & annual growth). The result of these efforts will
directly contribute to the overall health and financial growth of
- Help manage a team of 17+ employees in CNC machining plant. The
team includes operations staff, quality control staff, machinists,
finishing and shipping and receiving individuals.
- Help coordinate across admin, quality control and production
floor to facilitate the creation and implementation of objectives
that enable the company to reach sustainable and profitable
- Create and maintain a safe and positive work environment by
continuously communicating, resolving issues, and developing
incentives and retention strategies.
- Responsible for a VERY clean, safe working environment by
impressing on staff the need to maintain safe working techniques
and monitoring employee behaviors to ensure compliance. Ensure all
employees follow industry standard health and safety
- Oversee and streamline a routine preventive maintenance plan
for all equipment.
- Creating production shifts that optimally utilize labor and
capacity, responding to seasonality issues by adjusting headcount,
workload or shifts accordingly.
- Review manufacturing process sheets as a primary member of the
document review team including cost, labor, and machine utilization
in order to proactively reduce expenses and increase productivity
across all types of components manufactured.
- Manage and guide the update of all production inventory
weekly/monthly at sufficient raw material and or blank stocking
levels required for manufacturing of product. Minimize expensive
expedited materials acquisitions.
- Be able to review blueprints for accuracy, create shop
travelers and job folders for manufacturing, help drive the
organized transition to a 100% digital paperwork environment as
well as the efficient use of our shop management software.
- Participate in daily production meetings to provide feedback on
quality issues, internal and/or external customer feedback,
determine impediments for project progression and be able to shift
resources to overcome obstacles to meet delivery schedules.
- Oversee the organized management and evaluate all production
records to ensure the manufacture and delivery of finished highly
- Provide company-wide motivation, support and guidance to all
team members while communicating any problems or obstacles to
- Occasionally visit customer and or vendor offices to ensure our
partner's needs are met and / or exceeded where possible.
- Strong Aerospace Component background working with top tier or
second tier Aerospace OEMs such Pratt & Whitney, Sikorsky, Collins,
Lockheed and many others.
- Must be able to read engineering blueprints, data, manuals, or
other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing
procedures, adjustment methods, certification processes, formulas,
or measuring instruments as required.
- Participate in training employees in productivity and
- Must have excellent project management skills and be highly
- Must be able to quickly adjust yourself and the company to
rapidly changing product requirements in order to meet demanding
customer and production deadlines.
- Working knowledge with interpretation of engineering
specifications, mechanical drawing and Geometric Dimensioning and
- Experience with E2 Shop Management Software, Mastercam, Solid
Works and or Auto CAD a plus.
- Experience with high precision, machined parts and assembly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliers.
- Knowledge and understanding of current ISO 9001/AS 9100 quality
- Understanding of, Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing
practices, Problem Solving Skills and in depth understanding
ERP/MRP planning systems.
- Precision CNC machining and or production floor experience a
If you are interested in this position please send resume
to:firstname.lastname@example.org Hartford Aircraft Products
Inc.94 Old Poquonock RdBloomfield, CT06002
Hartford Aircraft Products Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/
Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or any other protected class.
We embrace a challenging yet rewarding working environment where
the ideal candidate will be encouraged to accel and further their
career. You will never experience a limit to what you can
accomplish at our company. As a result we expect 100% dedication
from our team.Yes.by Jobble
Keywords: Hartford Aircraft Products Inc., New England , Production Manager, Executive , Bloomfield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!