Practice Manager - NHMP Norwalk Primary Care - Norwalk, CT
Company: Nuvance Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Excellent Practice Manager Opportunity Primary Care Norwalk, CT
(50 Miles from New York City)
Nuvance Health has an exciting opportunity for an experienced
medical practice manager working in Norwalk, Connecticut. The
manager will provide supervision and support to Norwalk Primary
Care. We are located in suburban Fairfield County, about 50 miles
northeast of New York City. We offer a highly competitive benefits
package including health, dental, vision, life insurance,
disability, generous paid time off, and matching 401K.
The Practice Manager for Norwalk Primary Care is responsible for
providing leadership, management, and oversight to their assigned
medical practice(s). The Practice Manager works with the providers
and staff to optimize patient flow/processes, reduce errors, and
improve access to service and the patient experience while
supporting the operations and clinical staffs ability to provide
safe, efficient, and patient-centered care. The Practice Manager is
responsible for managing and meeting key performance indicators
related to growth, practice operations, patient access/experience,
quality, and finance.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the medical practice
including oversight of Schedulers, Prior Authorization
Representatives, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse,
clerical support staff and clinical support staff
- Develops and implements short-term and long-term goals in
conjunction with leadership to grow the business and increase
market share based on Nuvance Health mission, vision, and
- Analyzes, measures, monitors, and meets key performance
indicators (KPIs). Pro-actively resolves issues and addresses
barriers preventing practice(s) from meeting objectives.
- Manages and monitors provider scheduling templates, On-Call
Schedules, hours/days of service, no-show rates, and cancellations
to ensure appropriate patient access to service based on health
- Manage and monitor staffing levels to established system
benchmarks, participate in staff hiring process, SBAR development,
DRIVE Tool, staff orientation, performance reviews and any
- Proactively solve problems, administrative issues, or patient
complaints in a timely manner.
- Oversee the training and education of staff to ensure
compliance with health system policies and procedure, compliance
program and any federal/state regulations.
- Ensures that all front-end processes are clear and well
executed to support a positive patient experience as well as
efficient and accurate billing.
- Holds monthly meeting with providers and non-provider staff and
communicates any practice or health system changes and solicits
feedback from the team members.
- Meets with providers monthly to review provider dashboard
results, profit and loss statements and practice variances. Works
collaboratively with Physician Leads to develop action plans for
meeting or exceeding KPI, Quality Reporting and communicates these
actions plans to clinicians. Ensures that all teams and all
locations are informed and able to respond to changing goals and
- In conjunction with Medical Practice Leadership, develops
capital needs list and reviews operating budgets and ensures that
budgets are met.
- Manages and maintains medical practice physical plant,
equipment, and inventory control.
- Provides oversite of patient registration, check in, point of
service collections and correction of practice management system
entry errors in coordination with Revenue Cycle department.
- Provides guidance and assistance with scheduling new provider
interviews, onboarding, and any health plan credentialing
- Participates in HVI-W leadership meetings, employee engagement
initiatives, goal setting, etc.
- Maintain and Model Nuvance Health Foundational Values
(Personal, Imaginative, Agile, Connected).
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelors degree required or equivalent experience.
- Managing a minimum of 2 practice locations
- Requires three to five (3-5) years progressive management
experience in a medical practice or integrated health system.
- Prefer: Masters Business or Healthcare Administration (MBA or
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and database
- Working knowledge of practice management and electronic medical
record software systems, (Soarian/Cerner preferred).
- Ability to travel within Nuvance Health system locations.
- Ability to take abstract, complex and/or technical information
and break it down for a variety of audiences in a way that is
meaningful for them.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong knowledge of ICD-10, CPT & HCPCS coding required.
About Nuvance Health
Nuvance Health serves 1.5 million residents across New York and
Connecticut and includes more than 2,600 aligned physicians, 12,000
employees, seven hospitals (Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital,
Northern Dutchess Hospital, Norwalk Hospital, Putnam Hospital
Center, Sharon Hospital, and Vassar Brothers Medical Center), a
large network of primary care and specialty practices, and multiple
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact
Stephanie Ramirez, Recruiter, via email stephanie.ramirez
Location: Norwalk-497 Westport Ave
Work Schedule: Day 8, Monday-Friday, 745-530
Org Unit: 11; Department: Norwalk Primary Care; Exempt: Yes; Grade:
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
EOE, including disability/vets
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such
assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview,
please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable
accommodation requests only). Please provide all information
requested to assure that you are considered for current or future
Keywords: Nuvance Health, New England , Practice Manager - NHMP Norwalk Primary Care - Norwalk, CT, Executive , Norwalk, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!