Company: Rite Aid
Location: West Lebanon
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee the daily
activities of the Pharmacy department within a retail store.
Additionally, to assist customers with their health care needs by
filling prescriptions and providing excellent customer service. The
incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner
consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition
to other duties as assigned:
- Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions
filled by completing Drug Utilization Review and Final Quality
Assurance, applicable to state and federal Board of Pharmacy
- Build profitable business and script growth through recommended
clinical programs including appropriate immunization and when
available MTM (Medication Therapy Management), DCS (Diabetes Care
Specialist), and all ongoing other programs as identified.
- Oversee the daily activities of the Pharmacy department.
- Counsel customers with regard to medications filled at the
- Ensure growth and profitability of Pharmacy Department.
- Handle and resolve customer issues, complaints and questions to
build customer trust and loyalty.
- Comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Interact with physicians to gain additional information about
customers and prescriptions to be filled.
- Ensure excellent customer service by Pharmacy associates.
- Maintain a clean and efficient Pharmacy department.
- Provide leadership and development for associates by
communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance
feedback, and demonstrating RAPTAR
(Recognition, Appreciation, Praise, Treat Associates Respectfully)
- Maintain appropriate security of the Pharmacy department.
- Maintain reports for controlled, outdated, and recalled
medications; and prescription and customer files.
- Manage pharmacy inventory at acceptable levels to fulfill
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures for
controlled substance dispensing and record keeping.
- Prioritize Pharmacy Department tasks and follow through to
ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner. Including, but
not limited to, cycle counts, inventory management and will-calls
- All duties described in this document are to be performed in
keeping with the core values and service attributes consistent with
the Rite Aid brand and strategy.
The Following Qualities Are Required
Experience / Requirements
- Minimum age of 21 years old meet education and experience
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both
internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense
- Ability to work weekends and extended days on a frequent
- Ability to work day, evening, and/or night shift.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and frequently.
- Ability to perform different tasks on different days as
- Ability to respond to interruptions and then return seamlessly
to task at hand
- Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining a
sense of calm.
- Ability to multi-task for extended periods of time.
Bachelor's degree (BS), Doctoral degree (PHARM.D.), or equivalent
in Pharmacy, and Immunization Certification through an accredited
organization (i.e. APhA) plus a minimum of one(1) year experience
as a licensed Pharmacist; or equivalent combination of education
and experience. In addition, the associate should have experience
in a retail environment.by Jobble
Keywords: Rite Aid, New England , Pharmacy Manager, Executive , West Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!