Posted on: January 16, 2022
PurposeThe GIS and Data Quality area will be responsible for
defining the processes and technologies used to ensure Data Quality
by defining the Data Governance strategy by ensuring the processes
of capturing and maintaining the inventory information necessary to
support the operational processes, as well as leading the
implementation of projects associated with the graphic systems.
Furthermore, the area should establish a streamlined data quality
control process to maintain integrity of the data model from data
capture through data analysis during blue sky and storm
restoration, assuring fulfillment of the regulatory and operational
This position reports to Felipe Santiago Vale, Director of
Technical Process & Sustainability within Process and Technology
(P&T) business area.Responsibilities1. Lead projects for the
implementation/renewal of the Systems of Record (including GIS)
ensuring asset data quality and the correct integration with all
the systems that make use of the information.
2. Define Data Governance Model and the processes for the capture,
maintenance and use of asset and mapping information. Define asset
3. Define the specification, development, and maintenance of the
Systems of Record to include but not limited to the geographic
information systems (GIS), SAP, and other auxiliary tools and
techniques, related to the processes of development, construction,
operation, maintenance and renovation of facilities.
4. Support model and tools definition for usage of graphical
5. With support of other areas internally, determine specification
and operating procedures for editing and updating the network data
into SAP and the GIS. Manage tools needed to maintain correct up to
date network information.
6. Define a process for monitoring and QA/QC of information
represented in the SAP and GIS systems. Plan, Lead and/or Supervise
the development of projects to maintain the data within the SAP and
7. Define the interface and integration model with the different
systems that manage and/or consult graphic or assets and equipment
information. Monitor and follow-up data integration between
8. Define KPI's to measure and control the asset data quality
within the systems of record and/or GIS. Create metrics to support
and ensure data will be maintained appropriately by the different
areas of the organization. Generate and presents reports.
9. Evaluate data attributes / elements naming conventions and align
them appropriately with all source systems.
10. Represent Avangrid in the Iberdrola Global Practice Groups
(GPG's) discussions related to the global strategy of the GIS
system in integration, with representatives from the different
Iberdrola Networks companies across the different countries.Skills
and RequirementsEducation & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's Degree preferred. Degree
in an Engineering discipline preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years' relevant Electric Operations experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project,
- Advanced knowledge of GIS's market products.
- Experience in systems of records (SAP).
- General knowledge and experience of high, medium and low
voltage electrical networks.
- A Change Management, PMP and/or Lean Six Sigma Certification(s)
is a plus.
- Knowledge of Information Technology design, architecture, and
- Knowledge of Electric Operations processes to record, gather
and maintain data.
- Project Management (individual projects, linked projects).
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communications / Influencing
- Negotiation / Dispute Resolution
- Agility, versatility, and flexibility; productive in a
multi-tasking and rapidly changing environment.
- Experience leading meetings, development of agendas,
documentation of notes and follow-up activity.
#INDCompany InformationPlease also note that AVANGRID currently has
a COVID-19 vaccination Policy in place that, among other
requirements, requires all employees to disclose their COVID-19
vaccination status. Any applicant who receives a conditional offer
will be required to submit acceptable documentation regarding their
COVID-19 vaccination status after receiving such conditional offer
and prior to commencing employment. This Policy also requires all
employees to either become fully vaccinated or to undergo weekly
testing beginning on February 9, 2022. All AVANGRID policies may be
modified or discontinued at any time, for any reason at the
Company's full and sole discretion.Competencies
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical SkillsMobility InformationPlease note that any
applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will
be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration
requirements to legally work in that countryAvangrid employees may
be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system
emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular
schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work
in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD
Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that
will work for Avangrid Renewables
Keywords: AVANGRID, New England , Manager, Executive , Orange, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!