Director of Enterprise Architecture
Company: Merchants Fleet Management
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description: Performs the leadership, definition, facilitation,
analysis, design and implementation of tasks required for the
development of an Enterprise Architecture (EA). Defines system and
application architecture including vision and strategy as well as
implementation guidelines. - Understands and creates strategies and
policies to meet overall business goals and drive business value.
Oversees and manages the architecture team and reports to the VP of
Enterprise Solutions and Architecture. -Location: Hooksett, NHWhat
Your Day Looks Like: -
- Manage and develop the architecture team, establish goals,
provide feedback and help grow individual skillsets.
- Assist business leaders in enabling their future-state business
capabilities that, in turn, drive the organization's targeted
business outcomes through the choice of programs, projects and
initiatives the organization chooses to invest in.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, subject matter experts and
peer leadership group to drive solutions and business value.
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of the EA program, including:
business architecture, information architecture, solutions
architecture, technical architecture, and security
- Manage, Lead and Collaborate with Data Architects, Solution
Architects and Application Architects to develop architecture
principles, standards, best practices, guidelines, and vision.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between
the current and future state through the EA road map, linked to the
IT budgeting and capital planning processes.
- Create and coordinate governance to assure adherence to
architecture standards and company/technology vision.
- Maintain insight into and manage other architecture-related
activities and the respective roles (such as business, information,
solution and technical). -
- Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to
detect deficiencies and recommend "best practices" and solutions
for improvement. In addition, lead the analysis of technology
industry and market trends to determine the potential impact on the
enterprise as well as on the Enterprise Architecture for the
- Define metrics to measure and demonstrate Enterprise
- Drive the Enterprise Architecture road map to establish the
multi-year plan to include major categories of EA projects,
rationalize strategies, standardization strategies, IT policies,
procedures, and best practices.
- After hours and on-call work may be required, particularly
where IT is in continual 24-hour operation. -The Experience and
Education You Have: -
- Minimum of ten years of design and implementation with at least
five as an Enterprise Architect.
- Experience in a large, geographically diverse IT
- Experience in Cloud solutions and driving next generation
- Minimum of five years of experience in technical disciplines
such as: application development, middleware, and database
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations,
technologies and processing environments.
- Demonstrated experience with micro-services architecture and
cloud technology (Azure preferred).
- Understanding of modern data architectures (e.g. event driven
architecture, data democratization, cloud based systems).
- Hands-on experience with building high-availability, scalable
- Ability to describe patterns as well as coach and instruct at
the code level.
- Ability to understand how various Architecture components
within an Enterprise interact.
- Diverse Technology Stack experience.
- Past project experience with or knowledge of working
with/establishing IT governance and operations and processes.
- Knowledge of application design patterns, data modeling,
micro-service integration, micro-frontend solutions, business
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, System Analysis or a
related study, or equivalent experienceThe Skills You Bring: -
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork,
facilitation, and negotiation.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and teach/coach others.
- Ability to define an Enterprise Architecture road map.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Be pragmatic and adaptable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and
short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of Enterprise
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of
- Knowledge of many, if not most, aspects of an Enterprise
- Track record for remaining unbiased toward any specific
technology or vendor; (i.e. more interested in results than
personal preferences).Merchants Fleet is the nation's fastest
growing fleet management company, providing flexible funding and
service options for organizations that leverage vehicles to run
their operations, serving as a single source for all vehicle needs,
including electric vehicles. From financing and charging to
maintenance and remarketing, Merchants has collaborated with dozens
of OEMs, charging, data and upfit partners to ensure every client
is connected to the service, technology platforms, and products
that will support their fleet in making the transition to EV.
Merchants Fleet is headquartered in Hooksett, New Hampshire, and
its Innovation Center is located in the Chicago, Illinois area.
Merchants is an award-winning place to work with accolades
including; Best & Brightest, Best Company to Work For 2015-2021,
Great Place to Work and Coolest Company for Young Professionals.
-To provide all candidates with the highest level of our attention,
Merchants Fleet does not accept uninvited solicitations or resumes
from third parties.California Residents click for California
Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)..
Keywords: Merchants Fleet Management, New England , Director of Enterprise Architecture, Executive , Hooksett, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!