System Engineering Manager
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Position Title: Systems Engineering Manager
- Location: Cheshire, CT (Airgas Research & Development)
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?Overall accountability for the
leadership, planning, direction and oversight of system engineering
activities at Airgas R&D. Candidate to ensure project
objectives and deliverables are predictably and consistently
achieved. Provide original concepts, designs and solution for
Airgas and its customers. The following disciplines will report
directly to the R&D manager.
- Software Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Analytical Chemists These groups are responsible for design,
development, realization and long term technical support of
innovative, robust and reliable multidisciplinary complex systems
for Airgas and its customers.In particular, you will:
- Senior Level Engineering Manager, (SE, ME, EE etc) with
demonstrated ability to plan, direct, and conduct engineering
research and development activities. Provide original concepts,
designs, budgets and time estimates for complex systems, while
managing the multidisciplinary teams above. Assignments relate to
design, development, qualification and implementation of an array
of complex systems including--- small , medium and large scale
automated chemical processes systems , advanced automated
analytical systems, component level designs such as pneumatic
valves, custom circuit design, complex high availability client
server applications delivering SCADA services by interacting with
remote proprietary embedded general purpose I/O systems.
- Strong focus on developing a 1st rate safety culture in our
- Strong focus on identifying and implementing best practices
across each discipline
- Candidate must have proven track record 5+ years managing
multidisciplinary teams through all the following stages of system
life cycle on parallel projects: concept, risk assessment,
requirements, specifications, development ,testing, prototypes,
Beta tests, operational tests, installation and long term technical
- Strong practical background using Microsoft Project PMP
certification. Familiarity with resource leveling, critical path,
baselines etc. Rigorous use of a well developed Gant chart is a
necessity for all projects. Candidate will work with engineers to
develop goals and accountabilities and hold weekly meeting to
- Candidate will provide weekly updates to VP
- Manage the specifications and integration of components
necessary for each discipline. For example in Mechanical
Engineering items such as valves, solenoid valves, compressors,
vacuum systems, pressure sensors and pumps. While a firmware
engineer in electrical engineering may be considering a new
microprocessor or modem for a design change. Candidate must insure
- such development is guided to Airgas's extremely high standards
of safety, quality while paying close attention to cost.
- Vendors: Candidate must be able to utilize the resources of
appropriate vendors to help us solve problems, determine if
outsourcing may be logical and finally aggressively negotiate best
pricing on goods and services.
- Use of DFMA principles to drive simplicity into designs.
- Insure product designs and/or revisions avoid infringements of
patents that are not controlled by the company.
Are you a MATCH? To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- BA / BS in related field required; equivalent relevant work
experience may be considered.
- Microsoft Project PMP certified
- Strong technical background with min 5 years hands on
engineering experience in at least one of the core disciplines.
Preferably within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong management experience with min 5+ years managing
multidisciplinary technical teams in a fast pace environment.
Candidate must have proven record of recruiting, developing and
retaining talented engineers. Highly effective at conflict
resolution, capable of objectively evaluating performance reviews
and developing yearly accountability plans.
- Must have strong presentation skills and be capable of
developing objective and informative materials relevant to project
- Must be a team player able to work well with others in a
dynamic changing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write routine business reports and business
correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using
the English language.
Keywords: Airgas, New England , System Engineering Manager, Executive , Cheshire, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!