Director, HEOR Value Demonstration CV/MET/Renal
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Ensure strategic HEOR and healthcare quality management of one
product with multiple indications or multiple products within a
therapeutic area, including use of innovative methods and study
Generate value evidence proactively to support brand value
propositions, meet the evidence requirements for our customers,
minimize net price erosion, and optimize product reimbursement,
formulary positioning and utilization.
As a recognized HEOR expert, provide strategic HEOR guidance to
cross-functional internal and external stakeholders. - This
guidance would include pros and cons of strategic choices and a
recommendation on the best choice for the situation.
Provide HEOR direction/ recommendations to U.S. Pipeline Marketing,
U.S. Marketing, Medical Affairs and MAPOR to incorporate US HEOR
perspectives and payer/organized provider evidence requirements
into Phase II/III clinical development programs and Phase IV (PMO)
programs to maximize the value positioning of BI assets.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively
contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our
products to our patients and customers. Our global presence
provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Lead the development and execution of US HEOR strategy for
target asset and indications. - Lead the design, conduct, and
report of HEOR studies/tools/models to demonstrate the value of BI
products. Develop and provide high quality, timely HEOR and
healthcare quality strategies for the development, approval,
implementation and communication of HEOR and health care quality
strategies for therapeutic area(s), including budget management,
for BI products under his/her responsibility.
- Provide HEOR direction/recommendation and feedback to US Brand
Strategy for target asset and indications and ensure alignment on
the HEOR strategy with internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the assessment of comparative effectiveness research
(CER) requirements that affect BI products and guide the
integration of payers' needs into HEOR and Phase IV research plans.
- Ensure the incorporation of HEOR value endpoints and evidence
requirements of US decision-makers in global clinical development
programs and global HEOR strategies through collaboration with U.S.
Pipeline Marketing, U.S. Marketing, CDMA, and Global HEOR.
Communicate the global Integrated Brand Plan strategy internally,
including critical success factors. Monitor and update HEOR and
Healthcare Quality strategy.
- Review and provide high quality input to critical study
documents (including synopsis, protocol and final report) and
- Develop and review the HEOR section of the Integrated Evidence
Plan. - Develop an HEOR strategy plan and ensure alignment and
integration of plan with plans from cross functional partners.
- Direct the design, conduct, and report of HEOR studies, tools,
and models to demonstrate the value of BI products. Ensure
collaboration between HEOR Field, Translation Team, and
customer-facing cross-functional partners and external stakeholders
to develop, implement, and communicate therapeutic area and
product-specific HEOR tools and materials for use by
customer-facing teams in customer interactions.
- Represent US health plans and health systems evidentiary
requirements in appropriate global and local cross-functional
teams/meetings to inform brand strategies and tactics and drive US
evidence plans for health plans and health systems.
- Work with cross functional medical and marketing partners to
ensure alignment of HEOR strategy.
- Initiate and supervise development of new processes and
standard operating procedures (SOP) relevant to HEOR and customize
- Mentor and motivate HEOR team members. Collaborate with HEOR
Leadership Team in the development, implementation, and management
of processes for optimizing departmental operations and team
- Operating in a complex, ever-changing environment. - Working
within a brand/TA team with specific duties to HEOR. Requirements\:
- PhD in relevant discipline or -Doctoral degree from an
accredited institution in a clinical discipline (e.g. medicine,
pharmacy, nursing) and -formal training in HEOR (e.g. Masters
Degree or Fellowship)
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience (pre- and post-doc
experience included) in managed markets, health economics, outcomes
research and population health management with demonstration of
significant contribution in all disciplines.
- Two to three (2-3) years' experience in leading projects.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Profound mathematical/statistical skills, strong analytical
skills, medical/pharmacological knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically.
- Ability to view HEOR research from both a scientific and
business perspective is a priority.
- Work effectively cross functionally and globally with strong
problem solving and communication/negotiation skills.
- Significant expertise in pharmacoeconomic analyses,
patient-reported outcomes, observational research (prospective and
retrospective), and their application to the evaluation of
pharmaceuticals including understanding of statistical
- Experience with claim/electronic medical record databases,
statistical software and programming skills
- Strong written and verbal skills and well-developed
- Proactive, highly responsible, and high accountability
- Recommends improvements and alternative solutions to resolve
- Knowledge of key laws and regulations governing BIPI customer
communications and policies and procedures relevant to BIPI HEOR
- Knowledge of industry best practices related to HEOR
activities. Eligibility Requirements\:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated
against -COVID-19 -or have an approved medical or religious
accommodation. Click for more information on the vaccine mandate
and -COVID-1 Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one
clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop
breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas
of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family
owned company we focus on long term performance. -We are powered by
50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and
inclusive culture. -Learning and development for all employees is
key because your growth is our growth. Want to learn more? - Visit
boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who
takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We
embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive
environment, which benefits our employees, patients and
communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived
race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective
hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry;
citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or
expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual
disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, New England , Director, HEOR Value Demonstration CV/MET/Renal, Executive , Ridgefield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!