Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
-Job SummaryResponsible for managing, monitoring and directing all
Front-End business components in the execution and delivery of
exceptional service and value. -Provide TM oversight and direction
to exceed performance expectations and results in each area
assigned, including Frontline, Membership, OMNI, Front Door and
Utility Clerks. - Executes company programs and initiatives to
drive membership metrics/growth, meet OMNI goals, improve VOM
scores, ensure maintenance standards are met and validate
Membership Experience Ambassadors/front door performance of job
duties as required. Acts as a key holder for the club. -
- Know their business/business acumen. - Exhibit strategic
thinking and sound decision-making thorough knowledge and
utilization of business data. -
- Lead through change. Model leadership competencies, build
credibility and act as a champion for business growth. -
- Communicate effectively. Provide the information the team
requires to be successful.
- Build high performing teams by creating a culture of
collaboration. - Provide feedback, direction, and follow-up that
will drive business results and support team member
- Deliver results. Execute business expectations within expected
timeframes by setting clear expectations, utilizing follow up and
- Teach, coach and lead through the club level training process.
- Support team member engagement within all areas of responsibility
to enable the application of policies, procedures, and
- Drive a culture of development, strategic thinking and acting,
ethical decision making and engagement. - - Lead with the team
member and member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate
any concerns, as appropriate. -
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Acknowledge team member success, work as
a team to achieve goals, identify and retain top talent.Members:
- Guarantee service excellence through all points of contact. -
- Set service standard expectations for all team members. -
Provide team support and empowerment to resolve every member
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Lead teams to
deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Define and model GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside, and out
- Perishable areas stocked and rotated with cold chain maintained
-Know Your Business:
- Acquire a deep knowledge of key metrics and reporting for total
club and department performance
- Drive performance and profitability by using reporting to
identify trends and areas of opportunity
- Have the foresight to see a breakdown in process and correct it
before it negatively impacts club performance metrics
- Communicate a simple message to your team on the connection
between consistent operational performance and achieving club
financial targetsMajor Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Focuses on the key areas of membership performance, frontline
service, OMNI execution, VOM and club promotions.
- Develops effective and productive teams in the Member Services,
Front Line, Membership Ambassadors, OMNI through TM selection,
training, managing, performance management and assessments;
providing frequent feedback, motivation, coaching and discipline
- Ensures the right people and processes are consistently in
- Maintains clear knowledge and understanding of club policies
and procedures across Member Services, Frontline, FDAP, OMNI,
Parking lot and Sanitation. -
- Maintenance of overall club including parking lot and the
- Executes company programs, associated with each area of
responsibility, to plan/expectations.
- Ensures compliance to all policies and procedures to ensure
control and integrity within the business/Front End
- Evaluates departmental performance using company reporting
tools/programs and makes operational decisions within the Front End
to maximize MFI, sales, profits, performance, and member experience
for each area under their report
- Evaluates direct reports on individual results, leveraging
reporting tools to assess strengths and opportunities to prioritize
and address growth opportunities.
- Collaborates with Assistant Club Manager to assess Team Member
performance, provide actionable feedback, reinforce accountability,
and develop talent. -
- Effectively communicates membership, frontline, OMNI happenings
to club Team Members, club management and club support teams.
- Establishes operational efficiencies and productivity standards
within the departments by ensuring compliance with the operational
functions associated with assigned areas through the consistent
enforcement and maintenance of established processes and
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and working order of the
building, equipment, furniture, and fixtures within the frontline;
including OMNI tools, Front Door Ambassador supplies and Utility
- Drives membership metrics execution and performance through
acquisition, retention, loyalty, and experience
programs/initiatives associated with Member Service Desk and
- Meets and/or exceeds key metric performance and Membership Fee
Income goals as assigned.
- Ensures productivity standards are delivered as expected on the
- Continually monitors customer service levels (Member Care
Emails & VOM) to ensure positive service is delivered, and when
not, by creating and enforcing -processes that support a positive
experience for Members and potential Members.
- Weekly execution of Membership and Frontline team member
- Weekly execution of entering front door recoveries, conducting
corresponding retraining and disciplinary action when
- Maintains all club policies processes and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this jobQualifications
- Previous customer service or sales work experience
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel, Email)
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale,
retail, grocery and/or management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including
managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members,
and driving and communicating results.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects in excess
of 30 pounds with assistance.
- May require working occasional overnight, or early morning
shifts in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to
temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, New England , Retail Manager, Executive , Wilton, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!