Case Manager - Registered Nurse - Surgery - Full time
Company: Dartmouth Health
Posted on: September 21, 2023
OverviewSign on and relocation Bonus available This position is
located with the Surgery service Triages, coordinates and
facilitates the clinical management for an assigned population.
Develops, monitors and reinforces care standards and protocols
designed to enhance quality and promote cost-effective utilization
of healthcare resources.Responsibilities
- Facilitates the development of a plan of care in collaboration
with the patient, family, caregiver and health care team. This is
done through early identification and thorough assessment of the
patient's need/preferences and resources available. Determines the
appropriate level of care and coordinates the interdisciplinary
treatment and plan of care.
- Facilitates the progression of care by advancing the care plan
to achieve desired outcomes. Monitors the progress towards the
goals of the plan and alerts the health care team to potential
revisions to the plan in response to the changes in the patient
needs and condition.
- Triages telephone calls and responds to patients and families
and other members of the healthcare teams questions that are within
a registered nurse's scope of practice.
- Communicates information to the health care team and those
involved in the treatment and patient's care.
- Advocates on behalf of patients/families and caregivers for
service access and insurance benefits within the constraints of
regulations, and for the protection of the patient's health, safety
- Recognizes situations that require referrals to Quality, Risk
Management, or Patient and Family Relations and discusses with
- Evaluates the options available and balances cost and quality
to assure the optimal clinical and financial outcomes. Facilitates
progression to appropriate levels of care.
- Evaluates patient outcomes affected by the care management
process for improvement opportunities. Identifies potential for and
participates in quality improvement initiatives within the clinical
setting or other organizational committees.
- Works with the clinical research to coordinate care for
patients on complex protocols.
- Performs other duties as required or
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
- Bachelor's degree (or matriculated into a Bachelor's degree
program with completion within a period of time agreed upon with
the department at the time of hire) with 3 years of clinical
- Recent acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Desired qualities and behaviors include: collaborative team
player with strong communication skills, use of a systems approach
in planning, problem solving and decision making, creativity,
innovation, risk taking, autonomy, flexibility, receptiveness to
change and a commitment to professional growth.
- Computer skills required.Required Licensure/Certifications-
Licensed Registered Nurse with NH eligibility
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate required.
- Area of Interest: Nursing;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.00 - 1.00 - 40 hrs/week;
- Shift: Day;
- Job ID: 18484;---- ---- ---- ----
There are so many reasons to join Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical
Center and Clinics, members of--, the premiere health system in New
First and foremost are our people. No matter the role, you'll find
a shared purpose here. We have doctors ready to teach their
knowledge, nurses who lead through experience, and other
like-minded individuals collaborating for the health of the
community, while inspiring each other day after day.
Affiliated with Dartmouth College, the atmosphere here is very
collegial. You'll discover educational and research opportunities
around every corner. At Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and
Clinics, you never stop learning.
You'll also appreciate the resources our wide-spread health care
system provides. You'll have access to experts at the top of their
fields, advanced technologies, and modern facilities that enable
you to care for patients like nowhere else.
Benefits and wellness
We offer a total compensation package that includes competitive
health and wellness benefits. These benefits consist of "Core
Benefits" that are provided by Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
and Clinics as well as "Benefit Choices" that allow you to select
additional benefits to meet your personal situation and needs.
New England is a very special place to live, work, and become part
of a community. We have some of the most advanced educational
institutions, best health care, and diverse cultural and
recreational offerings you will find anywhere in the country. The
public schools are excellent, the mountains are beautiful, and the
lakes are pristine. No wonder so many people love it here.
Keywords: Dartmouth Health, New England , Case Manager - Registered Nurse - Surgery - Full time, Executive , Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!