Company: Girl Scouts of Connecticut
Location: North Haven
Posted on: September 21, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: The Grants Manager reports to the Director of
Development and is responsible for planning and executing the
grantmaking process by writing grant proposals; preparing and
submitting timely and accurate reports for grant funded projects;
and researching and identifying potential new funders. This
position works closely with the finance team to work within the
annual budget, supports program staff in researching funding
opportunities, manages documents and deadlines, track grantee
results, and stewards' funders. MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Director of Development &
Institutional Giving, responsible for conducting the full range of
activities necessary to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals
and reports, to foundations, government and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations and
evaluate for program match with funder priorities.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including work with
Director of Development to provide regular written updates to
corporate and foundation donors.
- Maintain current records, including grant tracking and
- Maintains an active portfolio of 50 funders and prospects.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by
foundation/corporate donor. - -REQURED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and
- Minimum three years' experience of grant writing and management
with a proven track record of raising funds from money foundation,
corporate, and government sources.
- Strong written communication skills: ability to write clear,
structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals and reports.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources. (Experience with
Connecticut based funding source a plus.)
- Competency with donor stewardship.
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong
contributing team player.
- Ability to analyze and systematically compile technical and
statistical information and to prepare reports and
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft Office programs
and internet-based research
- Experience with Blackbaud Raisers Edge/NXT a plus
- Ability to monitor and meet fundraising goals.
- Experience with Results Based Accountability, outcomes
development and measurement systems a plus. Additional job
- Become a registered member and maintain membership in
- Attend GSOFCT events as assigned and be a positive and
inspiring spokesperson for the organization in the community.
- Strategically participate on behalf of GSOFCT in community
organizations and activities to identify and cultivate donor
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate emphatic
disposition, and perseverance; demonstrate optimism and positivity
in all encounters with constituents and staff.
- Possess the ability to maintain a high degree of
confidentiality and professionalism with all donors and demonstrate
the ability to navigate complex conversations related to donor's
finances and personal circumstances.
- Embrace and enhance a culture that values diversity and ensures
that staff, girl and volunteer efforts reflect the council's
commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ensure business continuity or recovery measures are in place
for her/his area.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Girl Scouts of Connecticut, New England , Grant Manager, Executive , North Haven, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!