Veterans Preferred - Director of Housekeeping
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. - We Still Love
At Spruce Peak we have something special. As the premier Vermont
mountain community, we are surrounded by the natural beauty of the
Green Mountains. The Lodge and Club are slope side at Stowe Resort;
gorgeous for year-round adventures, escapes, destination weddings,
and more. We take pride in our teamwork, high standards, and
diversity. It's fitting that we are located at the pinnacle of
We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Housekeeping to
lead our Housekeeping Department. The Director of Housekeeping is
responsible for all duties of the housekeeping operation and
cleanliness levels in all areas of the property. Responsibilities
include staff training, inter-department communications, and staff
scheduling. The Director of Housekeeping will promote an atmosphere
that ensures guest/owner and associate satisfaction. This position
requires strong attention to detail, leadership skills, and the
ability to effectively deal with department heads, guests, and team
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring
and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient
service and meaningful experiences. Whether you want to settle down
at a property that will keep you creatively engaged or if you like
the ability to transfer to other properties in the Hyatt family, we
have great career opportunities now.
- Paid Time Off
- Heath Benefits - after 30 days!
- Winter- Ski Pass to Stowe Mountain Resort
- Summer- Golf Membership to Stowe Country Club
- Complimentary and discounted stays at Hyatt Hotels
- Onsite Fitness Membership
- Employee discounts at the Spa & Restaurant Outlets
- 401(k) Matching
- And much more! Learn more about Spruce Peak and everything else
we have to offer here!
Besides great pay and benefits the work is interesting, challenging
and you'll have opportunities to grow. Stowe is a great place to
put down roots; mountain bike in the summer, ski in the winter,
world-class breweries and small farms; a great place to play during
your time off or to raise an active family.
Proud diversity advocates and EOE.
- Responsible for short- and long-term planning and the
management of the hotel's Housekeeping operations
- Ensure that colleague safety procedures are proactively trained
- Ensure that the management team and colleagues receive
excellent onboarding and ongoing training.
- Ensure that the departmental costs and expenses are well
- Coordinate an effective and efficient Payroll Management.
- Train and hold the Housekeeping Management Team accountable for
their expenses and profitability.
- Set and manage the annual and monthly operating budgets.
- Manage and oversee inventory management and ordering.
- Conduct frequent and thorough inspections together with the
Managers and the Supervisors in Housekeeping related to the
standard and cleanliness of the hotel.
- Encourage employees to be creative and innovative, challenging
and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the
- Mentor and lead the management team utilizing the Hyatt
--- Bachelor's degree in hospitality, plus three years of
housekeeping leadership experience or the equivalent combination of
skills and experience.
--- Must speak fluent English. Other languages are a plus.
--- Strong computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word/Office.
--- Spring-Miller Systems and HotSOS knowledge preferred.
--- Previous experience with both the H2B and the J1 visa programs
--- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving
--- Must be able to:
o Carry or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds and push and or pull
approximately 100 pounds
o Frequently stand and move about the facility
o Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the
o Frequently bend, stoop, and kneel
We welcome you:
Unsure if you check every box, but feeling inspired to enhance your
career? Apply. We'd love to consider your unique experiences and
how you could make Hyatt even better.
Keywords: Hyatt, New England , Veterans Preferred - Director of Housekeeping, Executive , Stowe, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!