Senior Manager, Contracts
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location: Windsor Locks
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Date Posted:2019-03-08-08:00Country:United States of
AmericaLocation:01: Building 01 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road,
Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USACollins Aerospace is a leader in
technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global
aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing
together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins
Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and
expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the
demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our
military every second. Our major product lines are on-board
virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with
our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in
flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and
quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a
best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people
in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their
integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This Senior Manager, Contracts - Military Spares leads a large team
of experienced Contracts professionals and team leaders. Oversees
completion of contracts, trains employees and oversees the analysis
of critical data. Develops processes and assists in policy design
in support of the Contracts department strategy. Influences senior
management and others in the organization on complex contractual
- Leads a team of experienced professionals in preparing bids,
processes specifications, progress reports, and other reports for
larger business units.
- Implements service excellence strategies to improve the
relationship between legal department and other
- Helps leadership train employees to ensure understanding of and
adherence to contract law related to the business.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations to
protect the organizations legal and business interests.
- Compiles and analyzes data, maintains historical information to
ensure ease of accessibility and retrieval of data and
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract
administration, and customer contact activities for contracts to
provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in
accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer
- Advises and represents the organization on legal issues
concerning contract matters.
- Creates proposals, negotiates and executes contracts.
- Provides legal advice on warranty and contract
- Prepares legal documentation for legal and contract
negotiations and relationships.
- Prepares legal applications for warranty and new contracts, as
- Maintains historical legal records.
- 8+ years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced degree and at least 5 years of prior relevant
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Advanced Degree
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong
ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require
a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for
more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it
clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money.
If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be
fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or
personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to
Keywords: Collins Aerospace, New England , Senior Manager, Contracts, Executive , Windsor Locks, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!