Medical Lab Technologist (MT or MLT)
Company: KA Recruiting Inc.
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Generalist opening in Jonesboro, Maine. This and other medical
lab technician jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com
Seeking a full time Medical Laboratory Technologist or Medical
Technician ( MT or MLT ASCP ) to join a great team in Northern
Maine. This is a full time (permanent) role offering competitive
compensation and benefits. JOB SUMMARY AND SCOPE:The Laboratory
Technologist (MLT or MT) works under the supervision of the
Laboratory Manager and is responsible for performing laboratory
tests and accurately reporting results to the physician for use in
the diagnosis, treatment and/or monitoring the treatment of
diseases. The technologist also assists in the general operation of
the laboratory, in quality assurance programs and in the
maintenance of laboratory equipment. Independent judgment,
professional education, and National certification (AMT or ASCP) is
required. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university in Medical Technology or related area of specialty.
- Certification/registration or certification/registry eligible
as a Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician is
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment and
techniques of medical technology.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication. ESSENTIAL JOB
- Performs tasks, duties and/or complex tests in all areas of the
laboratory assigned (hematology, immunohematology, immunology,
bacteriology, microscopy, routine chemistry, therapeutic drug
monitoring) according to established laboratory protocols and
- Performs phlebotomies, including arterial puncture, capillary
punctures and venipunctures as appropriate for the patient
requiring the procedure, applying age-specific criteria as
- Processes specimens utilizing protocols and technical
- Calibrates, standardizes and maintains instruments following
- Performs quality control, preventive maintenance,
troubleshooting protocols to ensure proper functioning of
instruments, reagents, procedures.
- Prepares and maintains reagent supplies necessary to perform
- Validates and reports results of tests performed, accurately
and in a timely manner.
- Assists in the maintenance and development of laboratory policy
and procedural manuals.
- Assists with orientation and teaching students and new
- Researches and develops new procedures as assigned.
- Follows established safety practices including biohazards,
exposure control plan (blood-borne pathogens), infection control to
include universal precautions, employee right to know (hazardous
chemicals), and chemical hygiene standard.
- Promotes effective working relationships and works effectively
as part of a department / unit / team inter and intra
departmentally to facilitate the department/unit's ability to meet
its goals and objectives.
- Attends all inservice education as required by hospital, policy
and national credentialing agency requirements.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all
patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a
professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Seeks out needed information by staying informed and involved
by attending meetings, reading memos, policies, meeting minutes,
newsletters, email and other appropriate information in a timely
- Reliable attendance and punctuality, including observing
appropriate break times and extending a scheduled shift when
necessary to meet patient demands.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures.
- Complies with the Code of Conduct and all appropriate policies
- Other duties, as assigned, relevant to the position and
department. For more details please submit your resume. You can
also send it directly to JOB ID: KD24224
Keywords: KA Recruiting Inc., New England , Medical Lab Technologist (MT or MLT), Healthcare , Jonesboro, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!