Registered Nurse (RN) / Critical Care
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Location: Beacon Falls
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Job Schedule: Full Time Standard Hours: 40 Job
Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details: Day/Eve rotation Our critical care
services are growing here at HHC, St. Vincent's Medical Center! Our
ICU\PCU is growing in neuro-critical care services as well as heart
and vascular and surgical oncology. We are looking to expand our
team of critical care nurses to accommodate this growth in these
patient populations. -
Work where -every moment -matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most
comprehensive healthcare network. -
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, -procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess
patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural,
spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized
care to the patient.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent
with their level of education and expertise in order to meet
patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds.
Demonstrates knowledge of patients' condition and is able to
provide appropriate input to meet desired outcomes for the
appropriate patient population.
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015),
ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement
- Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of
- Participates in activities for professional growth and
development outside of patient care.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut
Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job
One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date
or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer
- Associate degree required, BSN preferred.
- Two years of Medical-Surgical/Critical Care experience
All New Graduate RNs will participate in a year-long Nurse
Residency Program (NRP) with a curriculum proven to improve
decision-making competence and confidence, nursing leadership and
critical thinking skills, and provide a higher-level of overall
support during the time of transition to professional practice.
The Nurse Residency Program offers monthly seminars that will
compliment nursing orientation and the unique training provided to
Registered Nurses in our various units across the hospital. -
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is -your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, New England , Registered Nurse (RN) / Critical Care, Healthcare , Beacon Falls, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!