Dental Assistant - Norwalk (FT)
Company: Community Health Center
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Full Time Dental Assistant opportunity in Norwalk, Mon- Friday
with one Saturday per month
Supports dentist in delivering primary dental care, prepares
equipment and workplace for use, and contributes to supportive
atmosphere for dental patients. Uses chairside, four handed
1.Prepares office and treatment areas each day.
2. Performs pre/post treatment set-up/clean-up procedures for each
patient in accordance with all Agency protocols
3. Prepares patients for dental procedures.
4. Assists dentist at chairside, using 4-handed techniques.
5. Exhibits appropriate knowledge of instruments and techniques
utilized for all procedures.
6. Performs independent patient services, as directed, including
patient triage, radiographs, impressions, suture removal, temporary
fillings, recement crowns, laboratory work.
7. Maintains dental facility, treatment areas, equipment and
instruments in proper working order.
8. Maintains adequate inventory of dental supplies.
9. Strictly follow safety and infection control standards at all
times, including appropriate use of PPE.
10. Takes quality radiographs, as prescribed. Process, mount and
Complies with radiation safety standards for staff and
11. Provides excellent customer service at all times with a focus
on quality of care and teamwork that focuses on the needs of the
department and/or the business of the Agency.
12. Complies with Agency mandated in-service training workshops
(EOC, Working Safely, Abuse, etc.).
Confidentiality of patient and business information is a
requirement. Confidentiality of patient and business information is
a requirement. Full access to patient medical records and encounter
data. Confidentiality must be maintained according to CHC
1. Responsibility for client data entry.
2. Access to medical system information.
3. Confidential patient correspondence.
High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Graduate of accredited Dental Assisting School or two years dental
experience in general dentistry.
Certified in Dental Radiology and Infection Control by Dental
Assisting National Board (DANB)
Commitment to preventive dental care
Knowledge/interest in providing care to diverse patient
Written and oral bilingual fluency in language spoken by our
patient population (for example, English/Spanish or English/Polish)
Keywords: Community Health Center, New England , Dental Assistant - Norwalk (FT), Healthcare , Norwalk, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!