RN Psychiatric Clinical Supervisor (EVENING SHIFT)
Company: Masonicare Corp
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description RN Psychiatric Clinical Supervisor (EVENING
SHIFT)Masonicare Health Center - Wallingford, CT24hrs/wk EVENING
Shift: 2:45pm -11:15pm43 - bed Behavioral Health Hospital
UnitCoordinates the daily clinical operations of the unit and
directs the delivery of patient care. Oversees the integrated care
plan to insure it provides holistic, medical, spiritual and
emotional care, encompassing quality, dignity, compassion and
confidentiality for each individual. Upholds the standards of
nursing practice to achieve optimal clinical outcomes and insures
the team utilizes quality customer service principles in their
interactions.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Leadership:
- Acts as role model for staff by promoting professional practice
through effective team building, communication, and advocacy.
- Identifies opportunities for workflow/operational improvement
in patient care planning and care delivery and presents to
Director, Acute and Psychiatric Services using evidenced-based
literature to support case for improvement.
- Demonstrates and promotes critical thinking skills and
effective nursing judgment in patient interactions and role models
behaviors for staff.
- Manages assignment process on a daily basis including: Delegate
assignments to appropriate staff on all shifts; Completes patient
assignment sheet taking into account patient acuity, staff level,
ratio, ability, and medical schedule assignments; Makes appropriate
change to assignments as patient/unit needs/acuity changes;
Communicates changes in level of care/acuity to staff; Ensures that
tasks are carried out as assigned; ensures that all staff arrive to
work on time and depart on time; reports variances in a timely
fashion, to the Director/and or Supervisor on the off shifts.
- Acts as liaison between interdisciplinary team members on a
daily basis to ensure that behavioral care plans are developed and
appropriate to meet the needs of the patients and the nursing care
plan is updated and appropriate
- Attends Team meetings and participates as the clinical
representative facilitating the development of behavioral
interventions for patients as needed and communicates plans to
clinical staff.Includes: Shares appropriate patient information and
concerns; Documents and updates treatment plans per unit policy;
Coordinates scheduled discharges with the team, and reports plan to
assigned staff for preparation; Communicates 1:1 status every shift
and if able to D/C 1:1 goal no more than 3 on 1:1 at a time.
- Participates in the change of shift report for 1st shift (7 am
to 3 pm) and 2ndshift (3 pm to 11 pm) and ensures:a timely start to
shift report; All staff members have received report, including
CNAs and staff on 1:1 assignments; All nursing staff have taped
- Rounds with unit staff daily and throughout the shift to assess
unit activity with regard to patient flow (admissions, discharges),
changes in patient acuity, troubleshoot throughput issues, and
mediate other issues/ concerns.
- Takes lead on incident reporting and ensures that all required
documentation and notifications are complete prior to final
- Updates care plans and patient profiles as patient conditions
- Ensures that inter-shift environmental rounds are
- Ensures that all immediate concerns related to patient care,
staff, the environment, IT, etc. are directly reported to the
- Manage staffing needs to ensure unit has adequate staffing for
shift.Responsible for reaching out to staff to cover callouts and
- Will participate in a rotating on-call schedule to address any
immediate needs or crisis related to patient care, environment,
staffing, etc.Customer Service
- Acts as role model to staff for customer service to families
- Acts as unit representative and meets with visitors/ families
and answers any questions they may have.
- Act as first line intervention to resolve any family/visitor
complaints or concerns and appropriately notifies Director or
nursing supervisor for issues that cannot be resolved.
- Actively engages families/visitors to promote / educate on the
personal belongings campaign.Quality:
- Participates in unit-wide audits as indicated.
- Ensures that daily restraint log is accurate and follows-up
with individual staff members for completion where indicated.
- Ensures that established procedures are maintained for tracking
and managing personal belongings and takes ownership to follow-up
with nursing staff, interdisciplinary treatment team and where
indicated, family to maintain accurate records in Meditech.
- Ensures that nursing staff are appropriately tracking and
maintaining hearing aids, eyeglasses and dentures, including
labeling, storage, and per shift documentation.
- Completes the following additional audits weekly for completion
and for content:
- Weekly wound report/ documentation
- PRN med sheets on MAR for pain scale, pre and post
- All weekly showers and weights documented in Meditech
- I&O documented in Meditech
- FSBS documented in Meditech
- All information required on MAR documented correctly (initials,
vital signs, FSBS)
- Resident profile signature sheet
- Alarm book
- Daily assignment sheet
- Random audit of five resident charts in EMR for CNA ADL flow
record – complete for all three shifts.
- Audits and updates care plans and resident profiles as patient
- Follows up with responsible staff member where indicated to
ensure that documentation is complete.Financial
- Acts as role model to staff and engages in financial
stewardship with regard to unit supplies and equipment.
- In collaboration with Director, monitors unit supply and par
levels and makes suggestions for improvements.Professional
- Seeks opportunities for professional development.
- Works towards professional certifications.
- Regularly evaluates professional goals and collaborates with
Director to develop a plan to attain goals.Minimum
Qualifications:Education: Graduate of school of professional
nursing, BSN required or working towards BSN. SAMA certification
preferredExperience: Two years acute care clinical experience, with
knowledge in financial, regulatory and legal aspects of healthcare
preferred.Current Connecticut State RN licensure
required.#joinourteam24hrs/EVENINGSEvery other weekend
Keywords: Masonicare Corp, New England , RN Psychiatric Clinical Supervisor (EVENING SHIFT), Healthcare , Wallingford, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!