School Nurse Manager
Company: Gersh Autism
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Health Center Nurse plans, directs, and
coordinates all nursing and nursing care for students enrolled at
Legacy by Gersh at Crotched Mountain School. This individual works
in conjunction with the School Principal, teachers, and in
cooperation with all other departments within the school.Nurse
Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs, in accordance with physician's orders, necessary
nursing treatments, including administration of medications for all
day students attending Crotched Mountain School.
- Assists in annual physical exams, including vision and
tuberculin screening for all students attending Crotched Mountain
- Provides for initial assessment of students' illnesses/injuries
and notifies physician/case manager/parent or guardian as
- May arrange for physician visits as indicated or directed.
- Assist in on-going communication/consultation with students'
home physicians to ensure coordination/continuity of care at all
- May consult with Case Managers, Residential, and/or Educational
Staff regarding students' medical needs and condition, as
- Provides on-going medical education to students and their
families, as well as to residential and educational staff.
- Maintains health records for all day students attending
Crotched Mountain School and to maintain strictest confidentiality
regarding all students and families/guardians and their health
- Assist in keeping parents/guardians informed of when a
student's medication needs to be refilled.
- Available during school hours to provide continuous observation
and supportive care of an ill student(s) in the Nurse's
- Available to administer First Aid to any student in the school
during school hours, as needed.
- Lab work management and host to consulting phlebotomists.
- Maintains weekly student weights and documentation in
electronic health record.
- Monitoring of diabetic students daily intake during school for
- Notifications through Daily School Nurse Report.
- Advocate and protect clients' rights in accordance with current
policies and procedures.
- Maintain a mature and positive attitude when dealing with
residents, staff, parents and/or guardians.
- Work in a spirit of cooperation with all departments.
- Respect clients' personal property.
- May attend various school meetings, as deemed appropriate by
the school Principal.
- Must obtain safety care training within six (6) weeks of
acceptance of the position.
- Performs other duties as directed or required.
- Completion of a physical every three years per child care
licensing regulations.RequirementsNurse Manager Qualifications:
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New
Hampshire with at least two years of relevant nursing
- Supervisory experience.
- Must maintain all licensing requirements including acquiring
ongoing professional development through clinical education and
training and as it relates to students with special needs and
complex conditions. Ability to make informed decisions based on
facts.Nurse Manager Working Conditions:
- Location: Greenfield, NH
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Occasional before and after school work hours as heeded
- Ability to stand/walk 50%-80% of each shift.
- Ability to climb stairs as required up to 20% of shift
- Monday- Friday
- Physical requirements
- Lifting/carrying of objects/items up to 50 pounds up to 20% of
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
Keywords: Gersh Autism, New England , School Nurse Manager, Healthcare , Greenfield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!