Primary Therapist- Eating Disorder
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Primary Therapist is a therapeutic guide,
journeying with the patients on their road to recovery, from
admission through discharge. The Primary Therapist provides
clinical assessments and contributes insightful, practical and
meaningful information to the development of treatment plans.
He/she orients new patients to the treatment program and makes
introductions to the staff and other program participants. Each
Primary Therapist carries a caseload and provides clinical
treatment in the form of, but not limited to, individual, family
and group counseling. As a member of the treatment team, the
Primary Therapist meets weekly in collaborative fashion with the
rest of the team to discuss cases. Licensed clinicians
(Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, etc.) and registered interns
possess knowledge of dual diagnosis, eating disorders and/or
- Completes the Biopsychosocial assessment within one day of
admission (parent and/or resident components**)
- Completes the Comprehensive Treatment Plan and Integrated
Treatment Summary within three days of admission
- Identify weekly treatment goals and write contracts relative to
individual client needs
- Write and facilitate the Discharge Summary
- Individual psychotherapy sessions
- Conjoint family psychotherapy sessions
- Facilitate professional groups as assigned.
- Facilitate Multifamily and Alumni groups
- Interface with insurance companies, providing appropriate
clinical information to obtain initial certification and continuing
stay certification as required.
- Meets with each resident in individual session as clinically
indicated, provide psychotherapeutic interventions, to thoroughly
educate each resident to the CTP and its intent, target dates, and
- Is appropriately accessible to family members.
- Conjoint family therapy is scheduled at least once each week to
address issues related to the resident-----TMs family experience.
The therapist ensures that each family member is fully educated to
the CTP, its goals and methods and the patient-----TMs discharge
plan. It is key that the family know how to approach and implement
all discharge recommendations.
- Meets with clients within twenty-four hours of admission to
establish therapeutic rapport.
- Facilitates group therapy, workshops, and educational groups as
directed by the program schedule.
- Assesses suicidality and possibility for danger to self or
- Charts each patient-----TMs progress throughout the treatment
- Charts after each individual, group, and family session.
- Educates each patient-- as needed.
- Begins and ends groups timely.
- Creates a written plan for continuing care (DC plan) and
- The Primary Therapist attends all treatment planning meetings,
all treatment review and goals setting groups, in-service
training's, and general staff meetings and clinical retreats.
- The Primary Therapist -------oversees----- the daily treatment
experience of each of his/her patients.
- The Primary Therapist may provide additional clinical support
for other members of the clinical team in their absence.
- May be required to travel to other facilities to attend
trainings.This position will work: Monday - Friday 8am-4pm-----
--.----- ---- For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our
website at-- centerfordiscovery.com.Qualifications
- The Primary Therapist must possess the-- minimum of an
Associates license for this position
- The Primary Therapist must possess a Master-----TMs or
Doctorate degree in an appropriate field
- Clinicians must be licensed or registered in the state in which
they are applying
- Center for Discovery utilizes MFT and LCSW interns and
psychological assistants under the supervision of an appropriate
Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- The Primary Therapist must have at least one year in acute care
or residential treatment or closely related experience.
- Must understand the therapeutic process, understand
confidentiality laws, and have strong knowledge of professional
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities, and be able
to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural
- Must demonstrate tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a
professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental
attitudeAdditional InformationWe are proud to be an EEO employer
M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.----- --All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.-- For more
information about our company benefits, please visit us at--
discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/-- PandoLogic. Keywords:
Mental Health Counselor, Location: Easton, CT - 06612
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, New England , Primary Therapist- Eating Disorder, Healthcare , Easton, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!