Nurse Liaison (Valid RN or LPN License REQUIRED!)
Company: BrightStar Care of Fairfield
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionAre you looking for a home care job where you can
make a difference in people's everyday lives? Do you want to work
for a home care agency that genuinely cares about you? This is
where you can shine! We are proud to offer you the opportunity to
pursue your passion at your own level, on a flexible schedule, and
with the resources you need and recognition you deserve!. We are
looking for a skilled professional who is passionate about client
care and will advocate for the clients health and wellbeing. Come
join us and see how BrightStar Care of Western Connecticut
("BrightStar Care") employees uphold A Higher Standard.Job
Description Nurse Liaison Position: Nurse Liaison (NL) Full Time &
Benefit EligibleReports To:Managing DirectorSalary
Range:NegotiablePosition Responsibilities Summary:The Nurse Liaison
(NL) shall be a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse
(LPN) who is responsible for the direction of personal care and
companion services for clients of BrightStar Care® of Western
Connecticut. The NL has responsibility for the quality of care
provided, effective communication with the families and/or
community partners, adequacy of services provided and supervision
of staff through operational knowledge, and experience with
regulatory compliance (state policies, department of labor laws,
Joint Commission accreditation). NL establishes, implements and
evaluates goals and objectives for care services and promotes the
standards of quality set forth by BrightStar Care® and the
oversight of pertinent regulatory and accrediting bodies. The NL
assures coordination of care for the client when multiple care
providers are involved. Ensures that all clients' personal care
needs are identified through the assessment process and ensures
that those needs are addressed through the implementation of the
plan of care and supervisory process.Directly Supervises:
Unlicensed staff (Caregivers) Key Leadership, Management, and
Accountabilities (LMA):The NL is responsible for the overall
direction of home care clinical services, the quality and adequacy
of services provided, supervision of care staff and the
coordination of care between services. The NL assures that all of
the client's needs are identified and addressed.Values-based
Competencies:The Nurse Liaison (NL) must consistently demonstrate
and foster the following core values during all interactions with
clients, employees, vendors, and other business partners. Core
values are the key behaviors that determine our decision-making at
BrightStar Care®. BrightStar Care® Values:Required behaviors:Be
open and positive
- Approachable as a leader
- Promotes a fun environment
- Kind and genuine with others
- Manages pressure and stress in a positive way
- EmpatheticServe with passion
- Provide help first
- Be confident, yet stay humble
- Serve for the greater good
- Make a real differenceDo the right thing
- RespectfulDo what you say
- Deliver results on time
- Finish what you start
- Be accountable to yourself and others
- Take responsibility and accountabilityMake it great
- Continuous improvement
- Exceed expectations
- Bring out the best in others
- Detail orientedCore Competencies:The Nurse Liaison (NL) must
demonstrate and execute the following position-specific
competencies to ensure effective, profitable, and patient-centered
branch operations. Position-specific competencies:Required
- "G" – Must demonstrate and have a "get-it" mentality; clearly
understands his/her key accountabilities; confident as a subject
matter expert in his/her job.
- "W" – Demonstrates a "want-it" attitude; accepts challenges;
asks, "what can I do to help?" demonstrates a high-level of drive
and energy for his/her job and success of others.
- "C" – Demonstrates the capacity to perform desired job
expectations; ability to grow and "stretch" in position as the
needs of the business changes and evolves.LMA
- "L" – Effectively leads through example his/her area of
- "M" – Manages processes, procedures, and standards to achieve
- "A" – Holds himself/herself and others accountable for getting
the job done and maximizing value to company, clients, one
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates
the client's personal care needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions within
a person-centered framework.
- Prepares progress notes and summaries of care.
- Counsels the client and family in meeting personal care related
- Informs the family and other personnel of changes in the
client's condition and needs.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of home health care;
shares information with appropriate personnel.Supervision:
- Supervises, educates and coaches assigned staff.
- Assesses competency of compliance staff and ensures staff is
assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety
of a client's care.
- Plans and implements in-service and training programs.
- Works collaboratively with others to conduct performance
evaluations of care staff.
- Identifies and participates in performance improvement
- Oversees the maintenance of client records, statistics, reports
and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of
- Assures proper maintenance of records in compliance with local,
state, and federal laws.
- Responsible for maintaining all standards of practice as
required by Joint Commission to obtain/maintain accreditation in
- Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws
regarding licensure and certification of all personnel.
- Assists in the development of organization goals.
- Develops, recommends, and administers agency policies and
- Supports talent acquisition needs of agency to build a strong
bench of competent care staff; interviews candidates for skilled
care assignments and ensures qualified care staff are ready to
serve client needs based on flow of business and client cases.
- Supports agency 24/7 operations management; must serve in an
on-call capacity as needed/scheduled to ensure client care
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
- Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with
current unencumbered licensure to practice professional nursing in
the state in which the care is being provided.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing. Must have graduated
from a National League of Nursing accredited
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical experience with at least
half of that time working in personal care or related health care
organization. Minimum one year of direct employee supervision.
Experience with adults and senior adults required.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, customer
service, multi-tasking, problem-solving and trouble-shooting
skills; fluency in English.
- Goal and detail-oriented.
- Flexible, adaptable, and creative with a positive
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a team
- Strong PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); ability
to navigate search engines and internet.
- Physical requirements: must be able to stand, walk, squat,
bend, kneel, reach, twist, push and pull. Depending on the ability
of the client, varied assistance is required. Must be able to lift
up to 50 pounds. Visual and hearing acuity is required. Travel
- Travel as needed for various staff and client care service
- Up to 20% or as directed based on the needs of the business and
attending job required training and conferences. Work Environment:
- Office Environment: high-paced office/branch environment;
continuous phone use/ringing; talking; various noise levels;
interactions with employees and clients; sitting and standing for
long periods of time; bending and stooping required; lifting up to
10 lbs. regularly and up to 50+ lbs. may be required; using a
computer for extended periods: typing, staring at a bright monitor
or TV screen; using fingers, wrists, and arms; stress on back may
occur; possible exposure to prescription drugs, bodily fluids,
small appliances for cooking, cooling, and heating foods or
securely storing medications.
- Client's Environment: Unknown environments; bodily fluids,
household and human germs; extreme cold or hot temperatures in or
outside; light to heavy traffic; inclement weather; human body
weights that vary based on client health and lifting as prescribed
or needed per plan of care (up to 50+ lbs.).
- Contact with clients under a wide variety of circumstances.
Care provided in a client's living environment with varying
situations or in an institution such as a hospital. May be required
to respond to emergency situations. Travel is required. Position
includes tasks that have the potential for exposure to blood and
other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) such as bodily
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment): May include gloves, mask,
eye/face protection and disposable outer covering or lab coat.
Keywords: BrightStar Care of Fairfield, New England , Nurse Liaison (Valid RN or LPN License REQUIRED!), Healthcare , Norwalk, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!