Remote Clinic Nurse (contract, remote, Specialty Clinic: Pulmonary, Neuro, GI, Rheumatology)
Company: Amalgamated Medical Care Management, Inc.
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Clinical Care Specialist/Staff Nurse opening in Salem, New
Hampshire. This and other rn jobs brought to you by
Job Summary (Remote, Neuro Specialty Clinic):
Responsible for monitoring electronic medical record system (Epic)
for incoming messages, lab results, medication / refill requests,
provider notes and other communication. When needed and as
appropriate, respond to patient questions, provide telephonic
assessments, document in the EMR (Epic), including with information
related to the patient's needs, clinical symptoms, follow
established symptom-based protocols and gives appropriate clinical
advice. Provide referral to primary providers, specialists,
healthcare facilities, and community resources as appropriate.
Provide telephonic education and counseling to callers regarding a
variety of health-related topics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the primary care providers in the delivery of health
care to patients by performing a variety of activities and
procedures which are prescript by and performed under the direction
of the primary care provider(s) or registered nurse licensed in New
- Provides patient education.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify
outcomes, plan, implement and evaluate an individualized plan of
- Utilizes critical thinking and the nursing process to
anticipate and recognize changes in patient status, taking action
to modify the plan of care or to elevate to the care team as
- Advocate for patients, uphold their autonomy in
decision-making, ensure informed consent is always obtained as
warranted or required and assist patients in families in expressing
- Manages interpersonal relationships for self and with
- Assumes authority and accountability for the nursing care of
patients while appropriately delegating or being a delegate of, the
elements of care to others members of the care delivery
- Prioritizes and organizes time to optimize patient
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Actively partners with others to effect change that produces
positive outcomes through the exchange of knowledge
- Promptly answers telephone inquiries regarding caller needs
through listening and asking open-ended questions.
- Conducts sound nursing assessments and offers alternatives
following established nationally-recognized clinical
- Thoroughly, concisely documents all calls with adherence to
confidentiality agreements and policy and procedure.
- Attends staff meetings, required training, and continued
- Maintains current knowledge bases regarding practice issues and
actively seeks opportunities to enhance same.
- Independently seeks out guidance/assistance as needed.
- Displays competency in assessing the health needs of
populations across the continuum of life (newborn to 100+ years of
- Pend orders, verify precertification and perform other duties
Education and/or Experience:
- Concurrent RN licensure in state of residence.
- Associate Degree in Nursing Science.
- Minimum of one (1) years of clinical experience in acute or
- Current CPR certification required.
Knowledge and skills:
- Skilled in nursing processes.
- Excellent clinical acumen.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- Epic EMR experience.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Organized, able to set priorities.
- Works effectively with minimum supervision.
- Works well as a team member
- Able to sit or stand at computer
- Home office that is HIPAA compliant.
Keyphrases: clinical nurse specialist jobs, clinical specialist
jobs, nursing jobs, nurse jobs, clinical service specialist jobs,
nursing specialist jobs, patient care specialist jobs, certified
nursing jobs, clinical nursing jobs, patient service jobs, patient
service specialist jobs, staff nurse jobs, clinical care specialist
jobs, clinical nursing specialist jobs, staff nursing jobs
Keywords: Amalgamated Medical Care Management, Inc., New England , Remote Clinic Nurse (contract, remote, Specialty Clinic: Pulmonary, Neuro, GI, Rheumatology), Healthcare , Salem, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!