Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: The University of Vermont Health Network - Champla
Posted on: September 26, 2022
-Skilled Nursing Facility Registerd Nurses work with our
residents on SNF. -* If you are a current CVPH staff member
interested in opportunities in SNF, please reach out to the
Recruitment Team at CVPHHRRecruiting@cvph.org - -The Registered
Professional Nurse is responsible for the management of resident
care, utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and
evaluate resident outcomes. - The nurse directs and guides the
delivery of nursing care, resident education, and all care related
activities, while maintaining standards of professional nursing
collaborating with other disciplines as appropriate. -
- Practices within the boundaries of the NYS Practice Act for
Registered Professional Nurses and provides care according to CVPH
(generic & unit-specific) Standards of Care and Practice.
- Assesses patient by performing a functional health
pattern/physical assessment on all patients as indicated when
he/she is admitted, when a significant change in condition occurs,
upon transfer to/receiving from another unit, and as defined by
CVPH generic and unit-specific Patient Care Standards. - -
- Verifies and/or transcribes and implements physician
- Develops/Revises plan of care to include discharge plan that
prescribes nursing actions to achieve age-specific outcome goals
for the patient(s) with various diagnosis.
- Provides nursing care to the patient requiring
monitoring/intervention with "Point of Care Testing" (e.g.,
fingersticks, - stool/gastric testing), - patient care devices
(e.g., PCA, Gemini, suction apparatus), - input/output
tubes/devices (e.g., NG tubes, urinary drains, surgical drains,
enteral feeding tubes), and other such devices/treatments.
- Documents/communicates nursing care, physiological responses to
other health care providers through verbal reports and patient
record(s) as dictated by policy/guidelines; Reports to physician
changes/deviations from expected norm. - - -
- Provides nursing care through utilization of the electronic
information system, (e.g, Order Entry for orders, retrieving of lab
- Provides leadership and measures effectiveness of nursing care
by providing supervision, delegation, monitoring/reassessment of
all patient care as required.
- Performs in crisis/emergency (e.g. code 99, 66) while
maintaining a positive/ calm approach.
- Provides prioritized patient/family education.
- Provides nursing care for the patient requiring pain management
(surgical, chronic and terminal) according to organization and unit
- Provides nursing care to the patient requiring medication
administration by the applicable routes to include controlled
substances; Utilizes the pyxis system as required.
- Provides nursing care for the patient requiring blood/blood
- Provides nursing care for the patient requiring preventive skin
care, wound management, pressure ulcer prevention/treatment and
- Provides nursing care to the patient requiring various
respiratory therapy modalities such as oxygen therapy and use of
- Provides nursing care for the patient with a tracheostomy
and/or requiring suctioning (nasopharyngeal, oropharyngeal, or
- Provides nursing care for the patient requiring specimens.
- Provides nursing care to the patient requiring restraints/
protective/ supportive devices, wandering/elopement, seizure and
suicide precautions, and the patient on fall protocol.
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of patient population
providing comprehensive holistic care for the dying patient,
including post mortem care and support of the patient's
- Provides nursing care to the patient requiring IV therapy to
include various routes (e.g., peripheral, central), methods (e.g.,
- continuous, intermittent, IVPB, IVP), and solutions/medications
(e.g., - TPN, PPN, lipid infusions, medicated drips).
- Provides nursing care for the patient requiring
procedures/interventions to include lumbar puncture, chest tube
insertion, thoracentesis, liver biopsy, bone marrow, etc, with or
without sedation (conscious sedation).
- Provides care using infection control practices as outlined in
Medical Center policies/procedures (e.g. Universal Standard
Precautions and Isolation Techniques).
- Advocates patient rights and demonstrates a working knowledge
of Advance Directive practices, organ donation and procurement as
evidenced by completion of documentation as outlined by CVPH
- Manages conflict/identifies ethical dilemmas and assists
patients and families in resolving.
- Supports fluctuation in patient care needs by floating/overtime
- Attends annual training on and demonstrates understanding of
Resident abuse detection and reporting as required by NYSCRR,
including handling of Residents' personal property and
- Attends staff meetings, education programs and care plan
meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in New
- Previous experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other health care personnel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Meets requirements of physical/pre-placement screening. -As
applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to
the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the
patients for which care is being provided.
Keywords: The University of Vermont Health Network - Champla, New England , Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Colchester, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!