Pharmacy Intern (Per-Diem), Ambulatory/Medical Infusion - Rotating
Company: Dartmouth Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
OverviewUnder the general direction of the Pharmacy Manager or
Preceptor Pharmacist, works to provide comprehensive pharmaceutical
services as defined by the laws of the NH Board of Pharmacy for
Pharmacist Interns. Maintains a positive relationship with
physicians, patients and all other health care providers and
- Works with the pharmacy team to provide high quality patient
- Represents the department in a positive manner
- Cultivates a patient oriented service. Leads by example through
modeling of professional behavior.
- Ensures patient satisfaction by addressing patient questions
and concerns effectively.
- Provides drug counseling as needed to patients.
- Assists in drug distribution and data entry.
- Anticipates and solves patient problems as they arise.
- Acts as a resource to other staff members and provides input to
the pharmacy managers when needed.
- Answers Phones and triages customer service issues.
- Communicates supply issues, problems or discrepancies
- Assists in revising policy and procedure.Pharmacy Intern-
- Stocks and replenishes stock locations and automated dispensing
machines (ADMs) and/or robots.
- May assist with orienting and training pharmacy department
- Prepares intravenous admixtures or other sterile drug products
(including investigational and hazardous medications) in accordance
with USP chapters and under supervision of a licensed
- Prepares or compounds non-sterile drug products (including
investigational and hazardous medications) in accordance with USP
chapters and under supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
- Follows investigational protocols in the preparation of study
medications, maintains records of preparation, stability, and
dispenses as required.
- Maintains the hardware and software of the department's
multiple computer systems.
- Assists with workflow management particularly related to
medication management, distribution, and compliance.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.Qualifications
Pharm D candidate.Ability to
multi-task, detail oriented. Demonstrates excellent communication
- Area of Interest: Allied Health;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: .01 hrs/per week (per
- Shift: Rotating;
- Job ID: 11042; - - - - - - - -
There are so many reasons to join Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical
Center and Clinics, members of -, the premiere health system in New
First and foremost are our people. No matter the role, you'll find
a shared purpose here. We have doctors ready to teach their
knowledge, nurses who lead through experience, and other
like-minded individuals collaborating for the health of the
community, while inspiring each other day after day.
Affiliated with Dartmouth College, the atmosphere here is very
collegial. You'll discover educational and research opportunities
around every corner. At Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and
Clinics, you never stop learning.
You'll also appreciate the resources our wide-spread health care
system provides. You'll have access to experts at the top of their
fields, advanced technologies, and modern facilities that enable
you to care for patients like nowhere else.
Benefits and wellness
We offer a total compensation package that includes competitive
health and wellness benefits. These benefits consist of "Core
Benefits" that are provided by Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
and Clinics as well as "Benefit Choices" that allow you to select
additional benefits to meet your personal situation and needs.
New England is a very special place to live, work, and become part
of a community. We have some of the most advanced educational
institutions, best health care, and diverse cultural and
recreational offerings you will find anywhere in the country. The
public schools are excellent, the mountains are beautiful, and the
lakes are pristine. No wonder so many people love it here.
Keywords: Dartmouth Health, New England , Pharmacy Intern (Per-Diem), Ambulatory/Medical Infusion - Rotating, Healthcare , Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!