Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Thoracic
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Description Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Monday- Friday
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most
comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical
practices in New England with multiple locations throughout
Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals
ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and
everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an
excellent reputation with patients and the medical community,
offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different
Within the context of the Nursing Professional Practice Framework,
the LPN provides quality and cost-effective direct care for
patients/families within a unit, service or other primary area of
- Collaborates with members of health care team to assist
patients in achieving established outcomes of care
- Participates in direct patient care in order to meet individual
and family health goals by: obtaining, documenting and reporting
patient data related to established plan of care
- Provides office-based nursing care in collaboration with
- Assesses physical and psychosocial needs and environmental
factors affecting patients and their families, formulates nursing
plan of care and ensures Continuity of patient care through
appropriate nursing evaluation and intervention
- Communicates with provider regarding patient needs, nursing
assessments, and recommendations
- Takes direction and initiates actions (cross/additional
training) that will allow seamless patient care
- Collects and documents current health status and medical
history and assists in scheduling patient office visits
- Reviews patient records, including preoperative records, to
ensure completeness and reviews outstanding issues with
- Demonstrates independent nursing actions based on assessment
and problem identification
- Under direction of provider, calls in prescription medications
to pharmacies and observes and documents patient's response to
- Documents accurate and ongoing assessment of patient's needs,
problems, capabilities, limitations, progress toward goals, and
response to care
- Triages telephone calls and displays ability to initiate
appropriate nursing intervention in prompt, precise, and
- Assists patients and family members or other clients with
concern and empathy; respects confidentiality and privacy
- Current Connecticut Licensed Practical Nurse license required.
Medical/Surgical office experience preferred.
- Specialization and/or specific work experience may be
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, New England , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Thoracic, Healthcare , Branford, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!