Caregiver/Direct Support Professional - Greater Bristol Area
Company: Ability Beyond
Posted on: March 20, 2023
At Ability Beyond, we discover, build and celebrate the ability
in all people. Our organization is dedicated to empowering every
person, no matter their ability, to have the opportunity to live,
work and thrive as an integral part of their community. We are
currently seeking dedicated and motivated direct care staff to
support our expanding Young Adult - Transitional Programs team.
Why should you join our team?
- Extensive paid training and certification program
- Generous benefit package (medical, dental, PTO, etc.)
- Flexible work schedules and overtime available
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- A culture of appreciation, respect, and teamwork
- An opportunity to have a positive impact in the lives of
others!What makes Ability Beyond a unique place to grow?
- We offer a wide range of growth opportunities within our
agency. Through our Pathways program, full time employees have the
ability to undergo a mentor and supervision program, behavior
specialty, or our Direct Support Professional certification
- With our mentorship-matching program, we give our employees a
mentor who -come in as a part of our Interim Floater Talent Pool, a
unique position that offers new employees the opportunity to really
learn about all of our programs.
- We have various programs such as independent -living, a robust
day program, and have an extensive career development network.
- Through Breathe Equality, our employee resource group we ensure
our employees have a place where they can belong.
- Recently launched, our Grow Beyond initiative spotlights our
growth opportunities and stories to show how you can level up in
your career.Schedule: -We are hiring for all shifts - day, evening,
and overnight. At least one weekend day availability required.
- Shift & weekend hourly incentives ($2-$7 per hour)Program
Locations Include: Bristol, Wolcott, and New BritainWhat are the
responsibilities of a Direct Support Professional?
- Assist young adults (typically between the ages of 21-30) with
social skills development, community integration, life skills
instruction, medical care, and educational/vocational supports in a
homelike therapeutic environment.
- Cooking, cleaning and arranging/transporting residents to
- Working with individuals served to help them achieve their
goals based on their individual preferences and abilities.
- Help participate in community activities such as sports, going
to the movies, shopping, walking in the park, doing crafts, etc. We
love any creative ideas you have to make each day enjoyable!
- Providing them with the skills necessary for increased
independence within integrated community settings.Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license & vehicle
- No experience needed! -To see the day in the life of our
Ability Beyond heroes, check out this video: -
Caregiver, Location: Bristol, CT - 06010
Keywords: Ability Beyond, New England , Caregiver/Direct Support Professional - Greater Bristol Area, Healthcare , Bristol, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...