Physician- Oncologist with GI and/or GU Focus
Company: Maine Medical Center
Location: South Portland
Posted on: May 29, 2023
Maine Medical Partners is seeking a solid tumor oncologist with
interest in gastrointestinal and genitourinary malignancies to join
the faculty of its flagship cancer center in Portland, Maine.
Highlights of this opportunity include:
- Part of a state wide oncology care program- the MaineHealth
Cancer Care Network (MHCCN)
- The MHCCN is a statewide, integrated cancer care delivery
network across the Southern, Coastal, and Mountain regions of Maine
and eastern New Hampshire. Designed to provide care as close to
home as possible, the network is comprised of 11 hospital partners
and provides comprehensive cancer care to more than 7,400 analytic
cancer patients annually.
- MHCCN is the dominant cancer care provider in the state of
Maine with COC, NAPBC and NAPRC accredited comprehensive cancer
- Fully integrated surgical oncology, radiation oncology,
palliative care, patient support/social worker, nutritionist
- Robust research program through membership of the NCI's
Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP). Opportunities to be PI
or sub-PI of clinical trials as well as support for
investigator-initiated sponsored research.
- A total of 19 dedicated tumor board meetings for multiple
cancer types (brain, head and neck, breast, lung, GI/GU, rectal,
liver cancer, melanoma, sarcoma, neuro-oncology, hematologic
malignancies) in a month.
- Leading edge analytics and metrics including membership of ASCO
CancerLinQ. EPIC EMR system with BEACON, and ClinicalPath
- Faculty position of the Tufts University School of Medicine
(TU). Participation in Maine Health's nascent Hematology-Oncology
Fellowship Program as well as the MaineTrack Undergraduate Medical
Education in Portland through affiliation with the TU.
- The Oncology/Hematology Practice- MaineHealth Cancer Care at
- Flagship cancer center of MHCCN. A hybrid academic-community
based, fully subspecialized hematology-oncology practice of 11
physicians and 5 APPs.
- Full infusion service including conventional chemotherapy,
immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and oral chemo dispensary.
- The new physician is expected to have a sub-specialty expertise
in Gastroenterology and Genitourinary malignancies while being
conversant with the entire spectrum of oncology. Additional disease
site combinations can be discussed based on interest.
- Inpatient care at the Maine Medical Center, the state's leading
tertiary care hospital with 637 licensed beds, a Level I Trauma
Center and an affiliate of Tufts University School of Medicine with
a full complement of residencies and fellowships.
- One week out of every 10, week-long call, rounding only at one
hospital during the call week. Inpatient hospitalist, APRN and
- Excellent and designated inpatient oncology floor, capable of
- This is a full-time position defined as four days a week in the
outpatient clinic setting and 1 day of administrative time. Part
time option available to accommodate suitable candidates.
- Potential for protected academic time for interested candidates
meeting selection criteria.
- The region and community
- Situated on the breathtaking Maine coast, Portland is an
exceptionally diverse and vibrant community.
- Renowned for the best of urban sophistication combined with
- Four season recreational opportunities, such as skiing, hiking,
sailing, and miles of beautiful beaches.
- Great school districts and ideal for raising a family.
- Less than two hours north of Boston.
- Required Qualifications
- A degree in medicine from an accredited medical school
- Successful completion of Residency/Fellowship at an accredited
- Board Certified or Board Eligible for hematology or hematology
- New graduates and those early in their careers are especially
encouraged to apply We offer a comprehensive and market competitive
benefit package including malpractice, Medical/Dental/Vision, 403b
with match, and more!
Come practice in a location that provides unsurpassed natural
beauty, safe communities, excellent schools, and nearly unlimited
four-season outdoor recreation.
Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and CV to Gina
Mallozzi, Physician Recruiter at Gina.Mallozzi@mainehealth.org
Keywords: Maine Medical Center, New England , Physician- Oncologist with GI and/or GU Focus, Healthcare , South Portland, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...