Registered Nurse, Behavioral Health Inpatient at Rockville General Hospital
Posted on: September 21, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY:Utilizing the nursing process, provides high
quality direct and indirect patient centered care.Coordinates
patient care by working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary
team.Communicates, as appropriate, the patient's clinical
condition, responding quickly and accurately to changes in
condition or response to treatment.Responsible for creating and
maintaining a safe, structured and therapeutic milieu, with
age-specific behavioral management practices.Demonstrates knowledge
of the principles of growth and development over the life span and
the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient
population served.Promotes the profession of nursing and
professional practice through collegial support and interactions.
Reports to the Clinical Coordinator. Creates a caring and
compassionate environment through Core Values of Teamwork, Respect,
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing and have
a current Registered Nurse license with the state of
- Must have certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
upon hire and maintain clinical competency during employment with
ECHN in this role.
- Must be trained in PMT and de-escalation techniques, as
prescribed by ECHN, and receive certification within 6 months of
hire into the role.COMPETENCIES:
- Must be able to communicate effectively using the English
language in both verbal and writing situations.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be capable of taking swift and efficient action, including
patient restraint when responding to patient emergency codes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Disclaimer: Job descriptions
are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive
lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working
conditions associated with the job.They are intended to be accurate
reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this
position.These responsibilities and competencies listed below may
change from time to time.Job-Specific Competency
- Performs comprehensive assessments and re-assessments of the
patient's condition and care needs including the psychosocial,
physical, educational and cultural aspects as evidenced by
supervisor observation and chart audits.
- Assess and reassess pain.Utilizes appropriate pain management
tools and techniques.Educates the patient and family regarding pain
management.Documentation reflects assessments, interventions and
evaluation of effectiveness as evidenced by supervisor
- Develops and revises individualized treatment plans as
indicated by assessment and patient response to treatment.Evaluates
overall plan daily for effectiveness.Involves the patient and
family in the formulation of goals. Documentation reflects
assessments, interventions and evaluation of effectiveness.
Evidenced by supervisor review / observation.
- Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the
potential for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of
medications including psychotropic drugs and their correct
administration based on age of the patient and their clinical
condition as evidenced by chart audits and supervisor observation.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient outcomes as
evidenced by supervisor observation.
- Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a timely
manner utilizing the appropriate tools as evidenced by chart audits
and supervisor observation.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations.Utilizes critical thinking skills and
sound judgment in priority setting and delegation as evidenced by
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs
and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in
teaching as appropriate as evidenced by chart audits and supervisor
- Practices autonomously, consistent with evidence-based
standards.Pursues personal and professional growth and
development.Serves as a professional role model and mentor as
evidenced by supervisor observation.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain a safe and therapeutic
environment as evidenced by observation of appropriate
interventions as well as patient, peer and supervisor feedback.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise, perceptiveness, empathy and
interpersonal warmth as evidenced by supervisor and peer
observation and feedback on Satisfaction Surveys.Displays and
promotes sensitivity to the privacy needs of psychiatric patients.
- Effectively uses psychological and physical management
techniques to manage violent or potentially violent situations
consistent with PMT training as evidenced by peer and supervisor
- Participates in Early Response codes and Dr. Strong codes,
attendance at PMT refresher trainings.
- Demonstrates the abilities to effectively set limits with
patients and maintain appropriate professional and personal
boundaries as evidenced by peer and supervisor observation.
- Collaborates and communicates with all members of the treatment
team to effectively meet the treatment needs of the patient as
evidenced by feedback from treatment team members and supervisor
- Provides psychotherapeutic treatment to patients as evidenced
by documentation reflecting individual psychotherapeutic
interventions and documentation of nurse-led educational and
Keywords: ECHN, New England , Registered Nurse, Behavioral Health Inpatient at Rockville General Hospital, Healthcare , Middlefield, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!