Antibiotic Nurse Specialist, Outpatient
Company: Dartmouth Health
Posted on: September 21, 2023
OverviewProvides expert education and mentoring for nursing
staff, hospital administration, physicians, patients and families,
and the community. Applies specialized knowledge, demonstrates
skills and competencies in the delivery of nursing care. Actively
plans, participates, implements, and cooperates with clinical
research. Is responsible for developing educational programs and
in-services, and leading interdisciplinary councils and committees.
Serves as role model, mentor and patient advocate. These are just a
few highlights of being a nurse at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical
Center and Clinics in New Hampshire.
- We are offering a $15,000 sign-on incentive (for eligible new
- We have loan repayment up to $20,000.
- We offer 3 free months of housing to help get you settled (for
experienced nurses, some exclusions apply).
- We offer Relocation Assistance and a Housing Coordinator to
take on the burden of finding a home.
- We offer generous tuition reimbursement.
- We have a very popular "earned time" plan.
- We have extensive CEU/Training programs.
- Our 8,000 ft Patient Safety and Training Simulation Center is
- Our nurses serve as central figures in the success of our
system through our shared governance nursing model.
- We offer a rigorous, research-focused environment.
- Dartmouth Hitchcock's Nursing Continuing Education Council is
accredited as a provider of continuing nursing. education by the
American Nurses Credentialing Center. Why are we so unique? We are
a nationally recognized Academic Medical Center set right in the
middle of the White Mountains of New Hampshire. We recognize that
"quality of life" means different things to different people, but
we are very confident you will love it here as we have beautiful,
rural and suburban housing options, world-class primary, secondary,
and graduate schools, hundreds of lakes, thousands of miles of
hiking trails and some of the best skiing in the country. This all
means you can be a happy nurse with more quality time with friends,
family, pets or maybe just quiet hikes by yourself. Our idea of
traffic in the "Upper Valley" of New Hampshire is a line on the ski
mountain at the chair lift. Read more about Dartmouth Health and
why YOU should work here. The Dartmouth Health system stretches
over New Hampshire and Vermont and offers the quintessential New
England experience. With no income or sales tax, this beautiful
area combines history, industry, and business and has been ranked
consistently as one of the best places in the US to live and work.
Anchored by the academic Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in
Lebanon, NH, the system includes the NCI-designated Dartmouth
Cancer Center, Dartmouth Health Children's; 4 member hospitals, and
30 Dartmouth Hitchcock ambulatory clinics across the region. With
destinations like Boston, New York, the seacoast, and ski country
within driving distance, the opportunities - both career and
personal - truly make New Hampshire the ideal place to work and
play. Applicants are encouraged to visit our nursing career site to
learn more and apply: Please visit: Dartmouth Health is an equal
opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by law.Responsibilities
- Identifies patients for whom the Outpatient Parenteral
Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT) program is appropriate.
- Examines, assesses and monitors all patients identified for
review. Performs pre-discharge patient assessments in conjunction
with team members, and performing pre-discharge coordination with
home infusion companies and visiting nurses associations.
- Maintains contact with patients and their families to provide
information and to answer their questions.
- Coordinates all review and recommendation functions with the
multiple service providers involved in the care of patients. Acts
as liaison between non-ID service, home health providers and the
- Facilitates clinic visits and provides on-site assessments in
conjunction with team members. Follows up on and facilitates all
- Assists in maintaining appropriate documentation, including a
computerized clinical database, and developing and updating program
and patient information materials.
- Assists in ongoing and annual evaluations of the program
including program outcomes assessments and ongoing quality
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.Qualifications
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) with 3 years of
combined staff nurse and leadership experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Training in or experience with antibiotics is
preferred.Required Licensure/Certifications--- Licensed Registered
Nurse with NH eligibility --- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate
- Area of Interest: Nursing;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 1.00 - 1.00 - 40 hrs/week;
- Shift: Day;
- Job ID: 17579;---- ---- ---- ----
There are so many reasons to join Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical
Center and Clinics, members of--, the premiere health system in New
First and foremost are our people. No matter the role, you'll find
a shared purpose here. We have doctors ready to teach their
knowledge, nurses who lead through experience, and other
like-minded individuals collaborating for the health of the
community, while inspiring each other day after day.
Affiliated with Dartmouth College, the atmosphere here is very
collegial. You'll discover educational and research opportunities
around every corner. At Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and
Clinics, you never stop learning.
You'll also appreciate the resources our wide-spread health care
system provides. You'll have access to experts at the top of their
fields, advanced technologies, and modern facilities that enable
you to care for patients like nowhere else.
Benefits and wellness
We offer a total compensation package that includes competitive
health and wellness benefits. These benefits consist of "Core
Benefits" that are provided by Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
and Clinics as well as "Benefit Choices" that allow you to select
additional benefits to meet your personal situation and needs.
New England is a very special place to live, work, and become part
of a community. We have some of the most advanced educational
institutions, best health care, and diverse cultural and
recreational offerings you will find anywhere in the country. The
public schools are excellent, the mountains are beautiful, and the
lakes are pristine. No wonder so many people love it here.
Keywords: Dartmouth Health, New England , Antibiotic Nurse Specialist, Outpatient, Healthcare , Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!