Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Specialties Unit
Company: Dartmouth Health
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Overview**This is a Full-time 36 hours a week Night position.
Level 1 Wing C (L1WC) Medical Specialties The Registered Nurse is
responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide
evidence-based care and to continuously monitor and evaluate
practice to ensure safe passage of patients that is in the best
interest of populations served. L1WC is a 37-bed, inpatient
medicine unit. We care for adults typically on the inpatient
medicine service who suffer from acute and/or chronic illness. Our
team approach and changing environment make it a great place to
learn and build/expand on nursing assessment, delegation,
prioritization, critical thinking and time management skills. We
have a team dedicated to process improvement, problem solving, and
teambuilding, which has allowed us to become a unit where everyone
is a part of the solution. Responsibilities
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify
outcomes, plan, implement and evaluate an individualized plan of
- Utilizes critical thinking and the nursing process to
anticipate and recognize changes in patient status, taking action
to modify the plan of care or to elevate to the care team as
- Practices in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics to advocate
for patients, uphold their autonomy in decision-making, ensure
informed consent and assist patients in families in expressing
- Actively seeks feedback and acts to improve performance.
- Engages in the governance of practice.
- Manages interpersonal relationships for self and with
- Mentors colleagues for the advancement of nursing practice and
- Assumes authority and accountability for the nursing care of
patients while appropriately delegating elements of care to others
members of the care delivery team in accordance with laws,
regulations and policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes and organizes time to optimize patient
- Actively seeks out the most current evidence and standards and
applies and translates to daily practice.
- Role models a culture of inquiry, developing new knowledge by
contributing to research, quality improvement, and evidence-based
practice at the local level.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Actively partners with others to effect change that produces
positive outcomes through the exchange of knowledge.
- Precepts the student nurse, nurse extern, nurse resident,
experienced clinical nurse and other members of the healthcare
- Performs other duties as required or
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) with 1 year of
- Associate Degree (ADN) prepared nurses with 2 years'
experience. Required Licensure/Certifications- Licensed Registered
Nurse in New Hampshire required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate required upon hire and as
applicable, higher level per unit certification requirements as
stated on the grid attached to the AHA and Life Support
- Area of Interest: Nursing;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.90 - 36 hrs/per week;
- Shift: Night;
- Job ID: 9734;---- ---- ---- ----
There are so many reasons to join Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical
Center and Clinics, members of--, the premiere health system in New
First and foremost are our people. No matter the role, you'll find
a shared purpose here. We have doctors ready to teach their
knowledge, nurses who lead through experience, and other
like-minded individuals collaborating for the health of the
community, while inspiring each other day after day.
Affiliated with Dartmouth College, the atmosphere here is very
collegial. You'll discover educational and research opportunities
around every corner. At Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and
Clinics, you never stop learning.
You'll also appreciate the resources our wide-spread health care
system provides. You'll have access to experts at the top of their
fields, advanced technologies, and modern facilities that enable
you to care for patients like nowhere else.
Benefits and wellness
We offer a total compensation package that includes competitive
health and wellness benefits. These benefits consist of "Core
Benefits" that are provided by Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
and Clinics as well as "Benefit Choices" that allow you to select
additional benefits to meet your personal situation and needs.
New England is a very special place to live, work, and become part
of a community. We have some of the most advanced educational
institutions, best health care, and diverse cultural and
recreational offerings you will find anywhere in the country. The
public schools are excellent, the mountains are beautiful, and the
lakes are pristine. No wonder so many people love it here.
Keywords: Dartmouth Health, New England , Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Specialties Unit, Healthcare , Lebanon, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!