Registered Nurse Clinical Leader - Behavioral Health
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Full time leadership role, eight hour shifts,
alternating 7am - 3pm and 11am -7pm. This shift may require
occasional weekends and holidays.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most
comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care
community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves
as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of
Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers
personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and
physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical
partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient
The role of Clinical Lead RN for Inpatient Behavioral Health is to
have oversight of clinical operations for the shift they are
working, as well as planning responsibilities for all shifts. In
collaboration with the Inpatient Nurse Manager & Administrative
Director, the RN Clinical Lead will assume a leadership role as a
system and clinical resource person for the staff. The role will
coordinate all patient flow through the Inpatient Department. The
TN Clinical Lead will collaborate with the IP Nurse Manger to
facilitate bed availability and placement of all patients. The RN
in this role will allocate resources, both staff and supply as
necessary, to meet the demands of the Inpatient Department.
Reporting to the Inpatient Nurse Manager of the Department, this
position functions in a clinical role to support staff in order to
facilitate patient care.
- Prioritizes the needs of patients.
- Makes daily nursing assignments, including meal and break
times, and facilitates appropriate referrals.
- Supervises and delegates tasks to unlicensed personnel (PCT,
Business Unit Secretary, Transport Aide, & Patient Observer), as
- Collaborates with Nurse Managers and Educators to maintain core
and unit-based competencies required of all nursing staff for the
- Communicates effectively and coordinates patient flow with
other disciplines including Physicians, Supervisors, Case Managers,
and Bed Managers.
- Intervenes with patients experiencing critical status changes
or increased acuity.
- Has working knowledge of all patients in the Department.
- Adjusts staffing according to patient care needs. Provides
input for effective use of staff (i.e., resolution of sick calls).
Collaborates Clinical Supervisors to assist with patient flow and
critical patient care needs.
- Collaborates with and directs staff to ensure that safe,
quality patient care is provided at all times.
- Approx. number of indirect reports - 10-12 per shift
- Ensures that Pyxis (narcotic) count is completed and correct at
the beginning and at the end of each shift (7am, 3pm and
- Ensures that daily checks on code carts, defibrillators,
refrigerators, and other Department equipment are performed and
- Projects needs for on-coming shift and prepares patient
assignments accordingly. Ensures Department staffing to cover sick
calls and meal breaks.
- Expedites transfer of patients to assure optimal patient
- Works with the Administrative Director to assure regulatory and
- Provides leadership to Department staff in a coaching and
- Initiates Chain of Command, in a timely fashion, regarding
significant and/or reportable incidents pertaining to patients,
staff, visitors, and/or work environment.
- Assures that staff participates in service recovery and
addresses patient complaints, as necessary. Assigns medical record
audits and provides timely feedback to appropriate staff.
- Monitors and maintains intra and inter-Department communication
specific to change of shift report. Communicates bed availability,
patient acuity, pending admissions/discharges/transfers, falls,
restraints, wounds, staffing issues, and Code PERT information.
Completes Charge Nurse Report.
- Assists in the implementation of clinical pathways, standards
of care, and guidelines for integrated patient care.
- Assists the Hospital and Department in meeting its mission,
values, and goals.
- Fosters continued professional development of self and
Department staff members.
- Participates in designated process improvement initiatives,
serves on hospital committees, and reinforces new/revised policies
- Provides feedback to the Nurse Manager regarding employee
- Functions as a role model and clinical mentor.
- Assists with facilitation of transfers.
- Uses Microsoft Outlook and Meditech to communicate with
Management and Department staff.
- Provides leadership in creating, implementing and evaluating
evidence-based processes that more effectively manage care for
critically ill patients.
- Serves as preceptor, mentor, and clinical resource for new and
seasoned staff on Inpatient Behavioral Health.
- Assesses learning needs and identifies gaps in knowledge for
staff; in collaboration with Manager and Education, plans,
delivers, and evaluates educational activities to address
- Demonstrates willingness to identify and/or assume activities
relative to the developmental needs of the unit and the nursing
- Demonstrates dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling
needs of the unit and Hospital.
- Displays and upholds CHH core values of dignity, compassion,
service excellence, community and integrity. Consistently
demonstrates caring for patients, for one another, and for the
organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust,
pride and camaraderie. Qualifications
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Connecticut
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- Experienced Behavioral Health Nurse with 3-5+ years of clinical
speciality experience As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Charlotte
Hungerford Hospital provides eligible employees with an extensive
benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of
hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount
- Stress free commute; free parking and no shuttles
- Staff kitchen
- Individual offices for full-time clinicians With locations
around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities
for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an
organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new
technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to
countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, New England , Registered Nurse Clinical Leader - Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Lakeside, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!