Phlebotomist - Connecticut Float
Company: Sonic Healthcare
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
You've got a passion for patient care. You're personable,
professional, and confident that nobody can find a vein like you.
You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star
team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance
the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical
LOCATION: Norwich, CT (float)
HOURS: 8:00am - 4:30pm; Monday - Friday and every third Saturday
(some flexibility is required)
FULL TIME: Benefits Eligible
Float position is eligible for Mileage Reimbursement.
In this role, you will:
- Provide exceptional patient care and customer-focused
- Perform venipuncture on patients of all ages.
- Collect/prepare non-blood specimens.
- Ensure proper specimen processing, labeling, and test
- Champion safety, compliance, and quality control.
All you need is:
- Phlebotomy Certificate
- Completion of a Clinical Internship and/or Externship *Outside
of the School's Program if newly certified as a
- Minimum of 100 draws, if newly certified as a phlebotomist
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous phlebotomy training or experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer and data entry skills
Bonus points if you've got:
- 2+ years of laboratory training or experience in specimen
collection and processing
- Certification from the American Society of Phlebotomy
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your eligible dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) that includes a
generous company match
- A sense of belonging - we are a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information
(PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are
expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by
all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are
expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
East Side Clinical Laboratory, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that
celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for
all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any
kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin,
disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare, New England , Phlebotomist - Connecticut Float, Healthcare , Norwich, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!