Recreational Therapist - Behavioral Health
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Job Schedule: Full Time Standard Hours: 40 Job
Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details: 40 hours per week. Monday through
Friday, 8am to 4:30pm. No Holidays. Work where every moment
matters.Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come
to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing
every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of
Connecticuts most comprehensive healthcare network. Charlotte
Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community
hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a
regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of
Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers
personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and
physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical
partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient
environment.Job SummaryUnder the Direction of the Unit Manager the
Recreation Therapist will work collaboratively with the IP
Psychiatry Patient Care Team to provide therapeutic recreation
assessments, group and individual recreation programs and
activities that contribute to the goals and objectives of the
patients care plan. The Recreation Therapist will research, propose
and implement recovery based therapeutic recreation activities for
adults & children with behavioral health and substance use needs.
The RT builds and maintains a sense of community, providing an
affirming and safe atmosphere for the participants, consistently
reevaluating patients needs, and developing group and individual
programming to meet those unique needs.Job Responsibilities
- Plans and implements daily group and individual recovery based
recreation therapy interventions & activities that are safe,
recovery based, patient centered, rooted in DEIB, and contribute to
patients meeting the goals/objective of their Care Plans.
Coordinates and supervises recreational activities run by line
- Completes recreation therapy assessments that meet Unit/DPH/CMS
guidelines with patients who will participate in recreation therapy
- Documents group and individual recreational services provided
to patients to meet regulatory requirements of licensing and third
party agencies as well as internal policies.
- In collaboration with the Unit Manager, develops and monitors
weekday, weekend and holiday recreation therapy activities.
Provides training & coaching to Patient Care Technicians, Social
Workers, and Interns who are involved in conducting or
participating in recreation therapy activities. Ensures that all
Care Team members are aware of clients recreation therapy
- Participates in daily Clinical Patient Care Planning meetings.
Develops and documents recreation therapy specific goals and
objectives into the patients care plan. Adjusts and modifies goals
and objectives as indicated.
- Actively participates in quality and safety initiatives to
support the unit as assigned by the Unit Manager.
- Support Social Work and Case Management roles when assigned
staff is not available.
- Provides recreation therapy support across all behavioral
health departments when deployed by the Administrative Director or
Unit Manager to a secondary unit assignment due to patient surges
or staff resource needs.
- Trains and supervises recreation therapy interns under the
direction of the Nurse Manager.
- Under the direction of the Nurse manager, participates in
formal/informal liaison activities with BHN Recreation Therapy
colleagues. Shares opportunities for improvement with the Associate
Medical Director and Nurse Manager.
- Perform other related duties as required.Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation and
Leisure Studies or related program
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college with a major in
Recreation Therapy or Recreation and Leisure Studies or related
program and NCTRC (National Certified Therapeutic Recreation
Certification) is preferred
- Two or more years of experience
- NCTRC (National Certified Therapeautic Recreation
Certification)As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Charlotte Hungerford
Hospital provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits
package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of
hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount
- Stress free commute; free parking and no shuttles
- Staff kitchen
- Individual offices for full-time clinicians With locations
around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities
for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an
organization on the cutting edge helping to bring new technologies,
breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men,
women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts
with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program
designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And
this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, New England , Recreational Therapist - Behavioral Health, Healthcare , Watertown, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!