Sous Chef l Full-Time Year-Round
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Sous Chef l Full-Time Year-Round
RESORT OVERVIEW : RESPECT l INTEGRITY l TEAMWORK l
Sugarbush Resort is a year-round destination offering some of the
best skiing and riding in the east, an award-winning ski school,
mountain biking, golf, disc golf, an array of dining venues, and a
fully appointed Health and Recreation Center. Do you want to join
an all-star team dedicated to delivering an unparalleled guest
experience? Make this your best season yet by joining the team at
Sugarbush and taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer.
BESIDES GETTING PAID TO WORK AT AN INCREDIBLE RESORT, WHAT'S IN IT
FOR YOU? :
- Free skiing + riding privileges at Sugarbush and across the
family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible
employees and their dependents.
- Discounted rates at non-Alterra-owned Ikon Pass
- Free golf and health & recreation center membership for
eligible employees and their dependents.
- Combined Time Off (CTO) policy for eligible employees to rest,
relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on food & beverage, apparel, and outdoor
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Employee housing (subject to availability) POSITION SUMMARY :
Sugarbush Resort is looking for a Sous Chef! Join our food &
beverage team in creating high quality food in a unique atmosphere.
This position is perfect for a skilled culinary professional who
wants to take advantage of everything life at the mountain has to
offer. RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Always with presentation, in mind, our cooks prepare food to
standards of the highest quality in a timely and efficient
- Set-up stations according to kitchen guidelines, safety
standards, and dining event needs.
- Work cooperatively, efficiently, and effectively as part of a
dedicated and dynamic team.
- Continually develop cooking skills/methods and master a variety
- Conduct other duties as assigned by kitchen manager/chef when
needed. QUALIFICATIONS :
- At least 3 years cooking experience with a demonstrated
- Excellent utilization of knife/equipment skills and safety
- Adherence to all safety and sanitization/hygiene standards is
- Must be able to succeed in an often fast-paced environment,
have a demonstrated ability to actively work as part of a team, and
be able to work standing in a confined area for extended periods of
- Requires ability to lift 30 to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to create/organize cost-effective menus.
- Timeliness and reliability are absolutely essential, as is
availability to work weekends/holidays. COVID-19 : The well-being
of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we
deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19.
To that end, we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy,
where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid
sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons
related to COVID-19. Sugarbush Resort is an Equal Opportunity
Employer An offer of employment may be contingent upon the results
of a background, MVR, or criminal records check
Keywords: Sugarbush, New England , Sous Chef l Full-Time Year-Round, Hospitality & Tourism , Burlington, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!