Company: Squaxin Island Gaming Enterprise
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Company name: Little Creek Casino Resort Title of position:
Catering Manager Position: Full-Time Position Location: Shelton
Washington The Catering Manager is responsible for the operation of
the catering department. The Catering Manager will operate the
catering facility during an event, and also ensure all the
preparation is made before, during and after an event. The Catering
Manager will work closely with clients to ensure their event is a
success, and follow up with the client to get feedback after the
event itself as well. Benefits began on the 1st day of the month
following your hire date even if you start on the 31st of the month
Full-Time Benefits Medical - $25.00 Employee Rate Dental Vision HRA
401K with a company match of up to 6%
Vacation/Holiday/Personal/Unpaid/Sick Leave Options FSA - Medical &
Dependent Care Employee Assistance Program AFLAC Legal
Shield/Identity Shield Free Meals while on Shift Community Vendor
Discounts Tuition Assistance Training and Career Development
Programs Employee Discounts across Property You can play 18 holes
of golf for $50 You can play 9 holes of golf for $3015% discount at
the Pro Shop 25% discount at the Spa 15% discount at all
restaurants 50% off childcare at the Squaxin Island Childcare
Center 6 wks-5 years ($500 month infant care) Plus More!!!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage client relations and maintain employee and vendor
relations to run a successful catering facility.
- Assist clients in the planning process, to include room design
and layout and may include helping the client find other service
providers such as disc jockeys, limousine companies, photographers,
- Maintain a visible presence during an event to answer any
questions that may arise and be the central contact during the
event. As needed by Banquet Manager.
- Work closely with the Banquet Chef and the client to choose a
- Prepare examples of common menus for a client before the
meeting and arrange to offer samples of the food at menu planning
- Coordinate with other departments for special event needs
relating to staffing for the food and beverage requirements.
- Ensure staff members follow safe work practices.
- Resolve complaints made by clients and/or employees regarding
food and/or service.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate record keeping relating to
billing, payroll, and budgets.
- Establish and maintain relationships with both internal and
- Details all aspects of functions and events including catering,
beverage, audio visual and room set up needs.
- Creates room diagrams as needed for special requests.
- Planning for potential scenarios that may arise that could
potentially impact the event.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide
variety of events.
- Manage all event logistics and execution of in-person and
hybrid events. ADDITIONAL DUTIES
- Responsible for knowing all events in the property.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and training.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Display sensitivity to Native American Culture.
- Operate within the parameters of the Little Creek Human
Resource Policies, Departmental Policies and all other applicable
- Other duties may be assigned. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages a subordinate supervisor, who supervises employees in
the Island Grille Restaurant.
- Directly supervises non-supervisory employees.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years current supervisory experience
- Minimum of three years Sales and/or Banqueting experience
- Minimum of three years Food and Beverage experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gaming License from the
Squaxin Island Gaming Commission
- State of Washington Food Handler's Card
- Class 12 Alcohol Server Permit PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and
arms and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. CLOSING DATE Open Until
Filled For information on Little Creek Casino Resort including more
information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our
website at Little Creek Casino Resort is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Squaxin Island Gaming Enterprise, New England , Catering Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Shelton, Northeast
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!